• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:32:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

VR Support

Started by PiBoSo, November 04, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

November 04, 2017, 10:44:31 PM Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:40:56 PM by PiBoSo
When installing MX Bikes a desktop shortcut named "MX Bikes - VR" should be created.
It launches MXB with the "-vr" command line switch, that enables VR support.

If both a Rift and a Vive are installed on the same PC, it's possible to force Oculus using the "-vro" switch, and SteamVR using "-vrs".

In MX Bikes -> Settings -> Input3 it's possible to set the control to reset the VR camera tracking. The default key is F8. It resets the position and rotation of the user interface virtual screen, too.

It is possible to change the Oculus pixel density, creating a text file called oculus.ini in the MXB installation folder and adding the following lines:
[render]
pixel_density=1.5

By default, the rendering of both eyes is mirrored to the MXB window.
It is possible to change the mirroring setting creating a text file called oculus.ini or openvr.ini in the MXB installation folder and adding the following lines:
[mirror]
eye = 2
The possible values are:
-1: mirroring disabled
0: left eye
1: right eye
2: both eyes

On Oculus only, it is also possible to add, under the "mirror" section
post = 1
to show the barrel distorted render in the desktop window.

For SteamVR only, it is possible to add to the openvr.ini file
[ipd]
scale = 0.9
to modify the IPD, changing the world scale.

Note: If the Windows Taskbar overlaps the MXB window preventing the cursor from reaching the bottom of the user interface, please try right clicking on the shortcut icon and, in the Properties, selecting Run Maximized.

Known Bugs
- HTC Vive ( SteamVR ): transparent asphalt in the user interface

CSchmied986

Is this something that still works? I've tried a number of times to create the oculus.ini and openvr.ini txt file but nothing ever changes. Ideally it would be nice to have screen mirroring as just 1 screen, kinda like iRacing or other sims.

teeds

Just set mine up and it's working ok using openvr with a vive, had on the right eye only.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

CSchmied986

Hmm, maybe it only works for the HTC then? Hopefully someday it can be like other sims where it combines both eyes into 1 image, but obviously there are far more important things to work on before then.

PiBoSo

June 26, 2018, 04:00:43 PM #4 Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:40:38 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 24, 2018, 05:29:10 AM
Is this something that still works? I've tried a number of times to create the oculus.ini and openvr.ini txt file but nothing ever changes.

Please make sure that file extensions are shown:
https://www.howtohaven.com/system/show-file-extensions-in-windows-explorer.shtml

PiBoSo

An updated version of the oculus.dll file is available at this link:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/downloads/oculus.dll

It should improve mirror support and fix the user interface virtual screen rotation.

CSchmied986

The new oculus.dll is certainly a lot better! I followed those step and it changed the file name to oclulus.ini.txt but still nothing changes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

teeds

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 27, 2018, 05:25:19 AM
The new oculus.dll is certainly a lot better! I followed those step and it changed the file name to oclulus.ini.txt but still nothing changes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

There's your problem, take the .txt off the end of the filename, should just be "oculus.ini".

CSchmied986

That's how it was before, and when I followed the tutorial above on how to show file extensions, that's when it changed the name. Would it make a difference if I was using notepad++ or rich text file?

teeds

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 27, 2018, 05:58:34 PM
That's how it was before, and when I followed the tutorial above on how to show file extensions, that's when it changed the name. Would it make a difference if I was using notepad++ or rich text file?

Don't think it matters but I always just use the Windows right click "New>Text Document" to create the file, then change the extension from .txt to .ini

CSchmied986

I wasn't changing the actual file extention, whoops... Works now! 8)

teeds

Piboso, is there any way to move the rider view in VR if the HMD used has no positional tracking?

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on July 05, 2018, 04:32:25 PM
Piboso, is there any way to move the rider view in VR if the HMD used has no positional tracking?

No, at the moment it's not possible.

[GH]Cody

it would be nice to be able to adjust the default camera position a little. whenever i play i have to scoot my chair forwards and lower it a little, reset the camera and then back up and raise the chair to have a view thats very close to the barpad. no big deal but would be a nice feature in the far future :)

PiBoSo

First post updated with info about the Oculus pixel density.