• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha285

Quote from: geofanatec on March 27, 2017, 03:11:45 AM
Better to just turn your firewall off and then see

I want to have a dedicated server just not sure what is wrong on my ini. I created a shortcut with the target info entered in. I have filled out the info on the ini file and when i click the shortcut a cmd like box pops up showing the server on with the supermoto track and the laps unchanged every time. I have to be missing something here. Can you send me in a PM you ini file with out like admin and other info you do not want me to see so i can make this work? I just want to use yours to refer to mine and correct anything i may have missed? I just went into notepad ++ and pasted that code piboso posted then saved it as server.ini but it will not work. That file is in my 86 folder as well

Yamaha285

https://gyazo.com/9e3d7321be0e812d6be4e66d02f2f51b

Just making sure this i need to name something else. Plus at the end of the target before ini i name that. Needs to be the same to match correct?

Yamaha285

In the most none homo way i love you!!! LOL. Thank you for helping me and all of your patience thru all of this i really appreciate it. It came up and worked right.

Azazel

Hi,

I'm trying to launch server only in race, to begin to start from the grid.
When i set, in dedicated.ini, quick_race to 1, the game start only in race but i must to wait 15 minutes in stand before start race.
How i can do to disable this waiting time?

Thanks  ;)

storken

I'm about to buy this game within the foreseeable future. I'd like to try and set up my own servers and whatnot whenever I get it. However it seems that it's for windows only, is that correct? So it would have to be on a windows server?

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: wahlmat on April 26, 2017, 06:06:59 PM
I'm about to buy this game within the foreseeable future. I'd like to try and set up my own servers and whatnot whenever I get it. However it seems that it's for windows only, is that correct? So it would have to be on a windows server?
Oh, hey there friend  ;D

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 26, 2017, 10:38:29 PM
Havoc says hi!
PizzaChet? What, was Havoc already taken?  :'(

See some familiar names around here...we'll see how it goes

teeds

Quote from: wahlmat on April 26, 2017, 06:06:59 PM
So it would have to be on a windows server?

I'm fairly sure it's windows only right now.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PizzaChet

Naw, I've always been (a) PizzaChet. MXS is the only place I use that name.  ;)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

First post updated with the new network ports.

MotoSavage

I setup a server last night on a virtual machine and it works amazing(virtual machine is a little powerful for one server). Im not sure how to set the export of race results..

[export]
results =  ; html or xml. If set it will automatically export results at the end of the last session
directory = ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )
units =  ; 0 -> metric units, 1 -> US units, 2 -> UK units

I have pasted the path to the directory of a folder to export files already.
What exactly do I put in the:
results = 

One other thing I didn't quite understand is what is "class"?

Just want to understand this file as much as possible because may eventually try to host some little fun races or something.

PiBoSo

First post updated with info about the open practice mode.

iNsane

is there any possibility to make something like [color] or <font color=""> for the name of the server?

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

PiBoSo

Quote from: iNsane on June 17, 2018, 03:40:48 PM
is there any possibility to make something like [color] or <font color=""> for the name of the server?

Where should the server color be used?
In the web server browser?