• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Beta 7: Test

Started by Bj Slice, November 04, 2017, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

November 04, 2017, 09:52:19 PM Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:58:22 AM by Bj Slice
Ok so I tested beta 7. I don't know but it feels like a step back instead.

Weird stuffs I noticed

1. Bike is too jumpy and lack of power (default bikes). Feels the same with OEM bikes about the jumpiness.
2. Whipping becomes unstable real quick. Bike does not do good correction by itself in air so you'll end up sometimes landing sideways. Although it is easier to throw a fat whip now.
3. Leaning forward/backward in-air no longer pushes the pegs/pushes handlebar to make the bike rotate backwards/forward slightly. There's no more push-and-pull-the-handlebar-effect which starts to feel mxs that rider only slides forwards/backwards on the seat and doesn't affect the bike other than just shifting weights
4. Rider lean f/b is even slower now, thus feeling sluggish
5. I don't see any big improvements in the rider physics I thought there was a lot of work put to it..

Overall, I feel the gameplay becomes sluggish and unstable instead of being more stable.

For OEM bikes, more grip now so bike wheelies more.

I will still need to put more test on it once I have more time. For now, those are the stuffs I noticed.

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Heathen

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 04, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Ok so I tested beta 7. I don't know but it feels like a step back instead.

Weird stuffs I noticed

1. Bike is too jumpy and lack of power (default bikes). Feels the same with OEM bikes.
2. Whipping becomes unstable real quick. Bike does not do good correction by itself in air so you'll end up sometimes landing sideways. Although it is easier to throw a fat whip now.
3. Leaning forward/backward in-air no longer pushes the pegs/pushes handlebar to make the bike rotate backwards/forward slightly. There's no more push-and-pull-the-handlebar-effect which starts to feel mxs that rider only slides forwards/backwards on the seat and doesn't affect the bike other than just shifting weights
4. Rider lean f/b is even slower now, thus feeling sluggish
5. I don't see any big improvements in the rider physics I thought there was a lot of work put to it..

Overall, I feel the gameplay becomes sluggish and unstable instead of being more stable.

For OEM bikes, more grip now so bike wheelies more.

I will still need to put more test on it once I have more time. For now, those are the stuffs I noticed.

I have tested it for a bit now myself, and im feeling the same as you, OEM's are a nightmare to handle, wheelies for days, then whips suddenly goes all the way around, and no way to return.
If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I assume you guys have copied the tyres folder in along with the OEM bikes?

The tyres are probably responsible for looping out. If the values of PiBoSo's tyres were 100% true to real life, Geo's tyres were made to make the game more fun and that worked great for the last beta. It's entirely possible that work on the surfaces have made it so the default tyres are way more realistic/fun and Geo's tyres will have to be rethought out.

Patience with the mod stuff, especially that which was made to make things more fun rather than more realistic.

Heathen

Quote from: тғc on November 04, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

The tyres are probably responsible for looping out. If the values of PiBoSo's tyres were 100% true to real life, Geo's tyres were made to make the game more fun and that worked great for the last beta. It's entirely possible that work on the surfaces have made it so the default tyres are way more realistic/fun and Geo's tyres will have to be rethought out.

Patience with the mod stuff, especially that which was made to make things more fun rather than more realistic.

Yes added tyres and everything, the OEM bikes does not work without the Tyres for me atleast.  the default bikes, are over reving all the time and are"slower" gets kinda wierd to race them. for me atleast.
If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Heathen on November 04, 2017, 10:17:30 PM
Quote from: тғc on November 04, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

Yes added tyres and everything, the OEM bikes does not work without the Tyres for me atleast.  the default bikes, are over reving all the time and are"slower" gets kinda wierd to race them. for me atleast.

I think it's more the tyres loosing traction. Not sure yet, but have run laps on some familiar tracks and so far it feels OK.

Asdrael

OEM bikes are NOT BETA7 COMPATIBLE. They might load but they call from the wrong tyre model.

The lack of power comes from wheel spinning. That's it.

I'm trying stuff out now and will provide complete feedback later... imo - the whole thing is a big step forward, values for suspensions are completely wrong, the new tyre grip thing is actually great but the values seem off.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

Lack of power I'm talking about the default bikes not the OEMs
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Mace-x

why the lack of power?
i can almost quad a section that i barely could triple on b6, and i´m riding a 350, not a 450, the bikes freaking fly!
also you can carry a lot more of speed thru berms without washing out.

Bj Slice

Quote from: Mace-x on November 05, 2017, 01:36:19 AM
why the lack of power?
i can almost quad a section that i barely could triple on b6, and i´m riding a 350, not a 450, the bikes freaking fly!
also you can carry a lot more of speed thru berms without washing out.

which bike did ypu ride?

Mace-x

yeah, the 250x is quite slow, struggle to get the jumps in mantova, but the 350 and 450 bikes fly!

Edit:
the 350xf stock suspension, is a bit bouncy tho.

Bj Slice

I don't ride a 250 in races. I always get on a 450. Which bike are you talking about that flies?

Mace-x

both stock bikes, the 350 and the 450.

Bj Slice

Quote from: Mace-x on November 05, 2017, 02:03:29 AM
both stock bikes, the 350 and the 450.

I beg to disagree with the power of the default 450 to be more powerful now. A 450 should have a greater acceleartion due to having greater torque. I don't get that sense of acceleration when you squeeze the throttle full.

Mace-x

seems like the rear wheel spins more under control than before, perhaps that is?

BadStar

Quote from: Mace-x on November 05, 2017, 02:32:52 AM
seems like the rear wheel spins more under control than before, perhaps that is?

This is what I was thinking.. more spin in this update and requires a diff throttle control
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime