• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:42 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

automatic shift in beta7

Started by giopanda, November 05, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

hey guys!
just installed beta7 and i'm having problems with automatic shifting, no matter if i check it or not it doesn't work.
i can use shift help (auto gear down) and auto clutch but shifting doesn't work.

i deleted all the files in both game and documents folder, loaded my old profile, deleted it and created a new one, used the unnamed profile, wiped and reinstalled twice..problem still persist.
also changed profile.ini manually, nothing changed.
any idea?

BadStar

shifting even manually doesnt work?

have you mapped the shift up/down controls?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PiBoSo

Quote from: giopanda on November 05, 2017, 07:31:35 PM
hey guys!
just installed beta7 and i'm having problems with automatic shifting, no matter if i check it or not it doesn't work.
i can use shift help (auto gear down) and auto clutch but shifting doesn't work.

i deleted all the files in both game and documents folder, loaded my old profile, deleted it and created a new one, used the unnamed profile, wiped and reinstalled twice..problem still persist.
also changed profile.ini manually, nothing changed.
any idea?

What bikes are you using?

giopanda

Stock bikes, I tried them all, same results..
Only manual or assisted shift works

EdoKtm21

Quote from: giopanda on November 05, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
Same for me, it stays for like 10 seconds at max rpm and then shifts (sometimes,other times it just stays in 1°)

hvpmvp

Quote from: EdoKtm21 on November 06, 2017, 10:03:26 PM
Same for me, it stays for like 10 seconds at max rpm and then shifts (sometimes,other times it just stays in 1°)
Same for me!
Modeler

Wedgewood

November 08, 2017, 03:37:29 PM #6 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:41:19 PM by Wedgewood
I just tried autoshift with the same results with the OEM yz250f.  It's not clear if the game tries to shift at a target rpm or a target speed for the gear/rpm combo.  I also tried releasing the throttle at redline to try to trigger the shift but it wouldn't happen.  I've also experimented with the shortest and longest gear ratios both with the same results. 

For anyone having difficulty with this I urge you to try manual shift,  The clutch is only really needed for pulling away, brake sliding and changing your pitch in air.  You could set manual clutch and use it only for the scenarios above or you could set auto clutch so you only have to worry about the gears themselves. An easy way to get into manual shift is to use very tall(long) gear ratios which will keep you in each gear from much longer with much less shifting needed(at the expense of a little acceleration). An example of tall(long) gearing with the yz250f would be 14/47 as opposed to 12/52 which is the shortest gearing.

BadStar

+1 w/ Wedgewood..

although, you don't even need the clutch at all..  ;D (maybe later for more advanced stuff)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

giopanda

Yep I switched to assisted gear since it's the only solution..
I'm  hitting the limiter maybe a bit too much but I'm learning fast and actually it's even better than auto in some occasions!

Azazel

Quote from: hvpmvp on November 08, 2017, 01:18:49 AM
Quote from: EdoKtm21 on November 06, 2017, 10:03:26 PM
Same for me!
Same for me too!!

74med |GHOST

:-[ hello, i have same problem for automatic shifting !! i tried on another pc and i don'thave this bug...
I tried too copy paste / uninstall + reinstall .... nothing work :(
i wanna stream today but ..
See you

74med |GHOST

Hi first sorry I'm french I don't speak english very well so sorry again.
I had exactly the same problem it's been three days that I'm looking for a solution, I tried everything and I think finally have found the solution :)
(It's the same solution as for the error ODE INTERNAL 1)
To fix this errors I put the link of my file [tyres].
Download it and put the folder [tyres] in your game. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bE0EcD-YP3LbCoFhwz64DeZlyOjiFNcB?usp=sharing
Launch your game and try.
If the problem is still present do the same with the [rider] folder.
I hope that will solve your problem.
Keep me informed !
See you on track

[FR] Salut,
j'ai eu exactement le meme probleme sa fait trois jours que je cherche une solution, j'ai tout essayer et Je pense enfin avoir trouver la solutions :)
La solutions est la que pour l'erreur ODE INTERNAL 1
Pour corriger cette erreur, j'ai mis le lien de mon fichier [pneus].
Téléchargez-le et mettez le dossier [pneus] dans votre jeu. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bE0EcD-YP3LbCoFhwz64DeZlyOjiFNcB?usp=sharing
Lancez votre jeu et essayez.
Si le problème persiste, faites de même avec le dossier [rider].
J'espère que cela va résoudre votre problème.
Tenez au courant !
A bientot

Azazel

Thanks it works fine now, only with tyres.

Merci 74med!