• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:10:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wanted: Thor Phase 2016

Started by Heathen, November 07, 2017, 12:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heathen

So im not going to lie, i am absolutly horrible and dog shait when it come to Photoshop/skinning and stuff like that cant even open a file.

So my question is, is there a kind soul that would like to make the gear, and add a custom number #46 on it ?
( i see there is some Thor Phase 2016 gear that i have downloaded with Syncback, but it will only show glove's)

Ill add some pictures.

If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

BadStar

Hey Look! I am a Heathen!  ;)

I really suck at stuff like this..but just wanted to show you that with copy and past and 5 minutes, you could be you hahah.  May not be a pretty you but still.. I spent 5 min or so.

You can do it!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Heathen

Quote from: BadStar on November 08, 2017, 01:11:08 AM
Hey Look! I am a Heathen!  ;)

I really suck at stuff like this..but just wanted to show you that with copy and past and 5 minutes, you could be you hahah.  May not be a pretty you but still.. I spent 5 min or so.

You can do it!

Man what takes you 5min would take me 5hrs xD where did you get the template to that gear tho ? donwloaded GIMP and painted, so i know how to get the templates to a skin etc etc, just need the template for the gear.

Btw i think it looks cool ! xD but hey then again i dont know shit =P

BadStar

It's on the website under the main game download..next to the "painted" link..

It's a bunch of templates in one pack
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Unzip the template folder and u will find bunch files.. one is "rider "..open that with gimp
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Heathen

Yes that much i figgured out, how did you add the Thor color to it tho ? is that not a different template ? like i have found the default template, but nothing with designs on it.

BadStar

I copied everything u see from your pictures lol..and pasted it on the template (after painting it all black)

It's just a quick cheap way to make a skin though.

I don't mind patching together a temp skin for u to ride with.. continue to try making them though, it's fun to ride with something u create at the end of the day.

Every one is helpful and will guide u on making a skin
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Heathen

man are you for real ? xD thought you had the thor gear template atleast haha, well there you go like i said im new to this so, when i opened that template up and saw all the layers my brain actually fell a tear and started spinning ^^

Well if you do not mind, a temp skin would for sure be nice! lets say i wont give up on this, and it would be real cool to learn it.

What tools do you use ? like i said, i have gimp, do i need anything more ?

BadStar

I only use gimp..

1st time I ever downloaded gimp was when I wanted to attempt a rider and bike skin, lol..

I am not good at it but I can now do A TON more than before.

It requires a bit of ibuprofen and a punching bag of sorts and you will be on your way!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Heathen

Quote from: BadStar on November 08, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
I only use gimp..

1st time I ever downloaded gimp was when I wanted to attempt a rider and bike skin, lol..

I am not good at it but I can now do A TON more than before.

It requires a bit of ibuprofen and a punching bag of sorts and you will be on your way!

Alrighty then, ill just have to have a dig at it and take it as it comes, ill ask around when i have questions, but i realy hate asking to much dont want to bugg people with my issues ^^
yeah man i believe you, what you did there was good enugh for me man,  Punching bag : check ! Ibuprofen: check ! and when i need some energy i got some PWO from the gym hahah

BadStar

Here is a good example of why I recommend learning over time.. 

1) I have NEVER used gimp and didn't know ANYTHING lol

2) You will just about NEVER get a true replica of YOU (unless you do it or pay)

3) It may not be great, neither is mine but no one else would have made me and my bike

Here is the 1st thing I ever learned to do on gimp ever.. I made my real shirt/pants and a stock yzf426 skin that I owned..

but I really wanted to make my DRZ-SM so I tried that too.. not good but good enough!!

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

oh and you won't bother anyone..

If you bother them, they won't even respond so you wont know. haha

If they respond, they don't mind helping you on that particular issue.

Just post your questions in the proper threads so to speak and you are good man.

But ill mess around with your gear some.. I will make it real easy on myself and make it simple so you can enjoy but be inspired to make better someday.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Heathen

Man thats a job well fucking done !

looks superb !

How much time did that take you ? im thinking with the pace that im at now, it will take me a year or 15 xD
Man im afraid to even put "colors" on the template gear dont even know how to do it haha.

Thats good to know, if i can help anyone in anyway my self ill always do it, love it when a community sticks together and work for the same goal, Fun and racing !
yeah i guess its best to post it the right place, know i have had atleast 1 miss post, but the mods fixed that real quick, so again sorry for that mods ^^

If you would do that for me, man that would be great, so that i have some gear to ride with while i try to get my own up and running.

Anyways i am off now, uploading a video of Nevada on youtube and i have shit upload speed so i better get some sleep.
Thanks for the chat and thanks for the help you provide !

Heathen

November 08, 2017, 05:48:14 AM #13 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:26:45 AM by Heathen
Well fuck me and my sleep, got all up in this skinning shit, well lets just say the least its time consuming. i dont know fuck all what im doing but its getting somewhere atleast.
Better then nothing i guess xD i believe the pants will be pure hell !!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quick tip, use the wireframe overlay from the template as a top layer on your paint. You might need to invert the colour and apply the blend mode 'screen' or 'multiply' to the wireframe layer. The blend mode really depends what colour your gear is. Light gear and you'll want black wireframe with multiply layer, dark gear and you'll want white wireframe with screen layer.

This way, you can work out where things join up. And if you still get it wrong, you can leave the wireframe visible, export your paint and check in game. It's like having guides that you can remove afterwards.