• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Syncback: 24/7 Download all Mods and stay up-to-date (Bikes,Tracks,Paints etc)

Started by Bj Slice, November 10, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

SYNCBACK!!!

A must-read for all, including those who had previous syncback profiles.

Keep all of MXB bikes, tracks, gear, tyres in sync at all times!

Thanks to Geo for helping me and testing it out and Phillian for doing some tests too.
Don't ever wonder why this post has got similar wordings from Geo's because it was originally from his.

Upload requests will be updated every Wednesday or depending on how urgent it would be.

For those who had syncback before, start with step two in the instructions

INSTALLATION: - It is recommended to delete all folders "bikes, rider, tracks, tyres" (if they exist) and start fresh with this. Backup anything custom you may have and bring in after install

1. Download and install SyncBack Free (https://www.2brightsparks.com/welcome/backup/freeware.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7dni1uO01wIVS5V-Ch1JeAuPEAAYASABEgLBCvD_BwE)

2. Download these profiles (previous profiles won't work anymore) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oI0kltqhecTkp-hd3pXxOn2wbezSnY0x (should be 5 profiles you can run: "Bike Paints, Bikes+Tyres, Rider Gear, Rider Paints, Tracks")
     - Bikes+Tyres are required!
     - Tracks are required!
     - Everything else is optional

3. Double click the profile(s) and it should automatically import (if not then click profiles menu and import profile)

4. Launch SyncBack program (right click SyncBack and go to "Properties" --- under the "Compatibility" tab ensure the checkbox for "Run this program as administrator" is selected)

VERY IMPORTANT ON FIRST TIME RUN:
5. Right click on the profile(s) and choose MODIFY
6. Next to the Local button you will see a folder icon, click it and select  C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\mods and Click OK.

Note: check link on how to change directory on ini this link>reply #5: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=899.msg29059#msg29059

NORMAL AFTER FIRST TIME USE:

7. Click profile(s) and select RUN - The program will look for files to be synced
8. Once done you can see what files will need synced and can individually set what you want if desired (ie: rider and paint stuff are optional of course)

LASTLY:
9. Click CONTINUE and WAIT! First download will take quite a while, but any future updates will only need to sync whatever was updated.
10. ENJOY! No unpacking, no moving, and totally automated updates :)

The first download is a big download, so don't be surprised if first go around a few files have an error or don't come in perfect. Just run program again and all will be corrected. To this point, OEM bikes are in your directory, however you can only use it offline, to make it work in MP online proceed to step 11 below,

NOTES:
- A folder that is unpacked from the .pkz will over-ride the .pkz. (It is recommended to delete all folders "bikes, rider, tracks, tyres" and start fresh with this. Backup anything custom you may have and bring in after install)
     - This is useful if you want to unpack a bike and work on a mod

- Please let me know of any items you want on server (I will grab content out of forum posts pretty quick though for Wednesday updates)
- Please let me know of any files that are missing or possibly in wrong place.
- Please let me know of any files you think we can eliminate (in other words --- useless content)
- If the download speed is slow, blame Geo (joke).

For those who wish to configure their own file transfer process FTP info below

ftp://192.198.62.177
User: mxbsync
Password: mxbikesb9

That's it! We'll all now be in sync.

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

stevo

nice one BJ.....thanks

BadStar

Very nice of you and im guessing geo to bring this back into the mix

THANK YOU..

I noticed "THE RIDGE v0.5" is in the sync. 

I love that free ride track.. just very sad to know I was unable to add objects at the time I made it. Imagine it loaded with forest/trees and such.. What a gem, I think it is something a lil diff for this game. It's especially good for free ride now that mx bikes has a better respawn system.

With that said, It is very unfinished.. (only playable on CLOUDY as it looks kinda ok)

I don't think all the real content creators and players want to sync any unfinished work.

I don't mind at all but just my best guess on the matter. 

I forgot all about it and just had a blast with the new tyres. ha
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

Thanks Badstar. Twas b6 that I was looking for some more content and I have actually searched  the forum for previous uploaded tracks and found some nice ones including yours the free ride so, I decided to include them. I think players will still like  em Bad, I do tbh.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Bj Slice

Boot paints should be selectable in game now.

Asdrael

Awesome that you did that Bj, thanks a lot.

May I recommend saying in your post that you need to have used Large Adress Aware so the OEM bikes work online? I can anticipate the spam of "omg it's crashing HEPL" already :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

November 11, 2017, 04:39:34 PM #6 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:52:28 PM by Bj Slice
Quote from: Asdrael on November 11, 2017, 04:17:35 PM
Awesome that you did that Bj, thanks a lot.

May I recommend saying in your post that you need to have used Large Adress Aware so the OEM bikes work online? I can anticipate the spam of "omg it's crashing HEPL" already :p

Sure I will Asd, =) thanks for the reminder. Will edit the instruction and include that. Appreciate it!

Edited: Should now include the instruction and the link how to make OEMs work online MP. Thank you!  :)

pacopastor34

Very good Bj! How can this affect to the sounds? Sounds are not required to be the same to join online and everyone can use his own sounds, will syncback recommend me to update?

Bj Slice

Quote from: pacopastor34 on November 11, 2017, 04:52:48 PM
Very good Bj! How can this affect to the sounds? Sounds are not required to be the same to join online and everyone can use his own sounds, will syncback recommend me to update?

No need Paco, unless everyone want's to hear the same bike sounds in mp online (gonna be awesome).  Thank you!

WexKo

GDUBMX

November 12, 2017, 10:20:03 AM #10 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:15:58 PM by GDUBMX

getting this error on all profiles..  :o
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

stevo

aaaaargh......updated all but motocross tracks.....it aborted and now when i try to update it trys to connect and then says, please check your network connection or your ftp settings....any ideas please?

GDUBMX

im in the exact same boat stevo
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Bj Slice

server is offline. Appologies as it's not 24/7. I will turn PC on in the morning as soon as possible. Thank you!

Bj Slice

I just put the server back up since I'm already awake (6am here). Please do another sync. :)