• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Syncback: 24/7 Download all Mods and stay up-to-date (Bikes,Tracks,Paints etc)

Started by Bj Slice, November 10, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danish_Gamer_Toke

it keeps failing when i try to run the profiles help me please :-(

Bj Slice

Track update!

UNADILLA Track is on Syncback. Run the update for the motocross track profile. Thanks!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Bj Slice

Quote from: philiaN on November 21, 2017, 07:18:24 PM
Hey Bj, 2 things:

QuoteVERY IMPORTANT ON FIRST TIME RUN:
5. Right click on the profile(s) and choose MODIFY
6. Next to the Local button you will see a folder icon, click it and select the root directory of MX-Bikes (where you installed MX-bikes) and Click OK

I would recommend to select the mods folder! 1. It's easier for everything. 2. Most people don't have write access on C: (MX Bikes folder), so they always have problems.. and its a security breach :P

6. Next to the Local button you will see a folder icon, click it and select the mods folder of MX-Bikes C:\Users\******\Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\Mods and Click OK

and do a reference to this or just copy paste it:

It is possible to change the additional directory where mods can be installed in the core.ini:

[mods]
folder= d:\mxb\mods\

Please note the backslash '\' at the end.
If the mods folder is set, mods must be installed in the "mxbikes" subdirectory.
Removing the two lines forces MX Bikes to search mods only inside the installation folder.

and second change the topic name to Syncback: How to download all Mods and stay up-to-date (Bikes, Tracks, Paints etc.)

something like that :D

Thanks for the inputs Phil, appreciate it. For the write access on C: means the same with mydocuments since it is in drive (C:). That is always an issue when you have many users created for the computer that you can use to log on to. Most people don't partition drives so OS and directories goes to one drive only, that means when they use different user to log on to that computer and that  user log on wasn't permitted to have write access, then they will never have write access with C drive. I believe mydocuments is also in C drive  :P. That was the case with Tower the other day. I will however add the other way how to put mods in the mx bikes and how to setup syncback profile to direct to another directory (mydocuments>piboso>mxbikes>mods).

For the changing the ini file, I will put a link to it as it is already covered by one of Piboso's post. It will be under how to put mods in custom directory (I shouldn't touch that but I will do it anyways)

For syncback name, yes I can change it to your recommendation. I didn't bother to change it when it was not made sticky just so it can be as visible to newbies as possible.

Again thank you very much! Cheers!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Bj Slice

Updated syncback instructions, including the schedule for syncback server to be on (now with bigger fonts). Seems like some didn't read the post well that they don't seem to see there was only a given schedule for syncback to be available as I don't have a dedicated machine to run as file server 24/7.

Remember, I am just trying to help. For those who are in different time zones, I apologize if I can no longer accommodate your time when you sync as I will shut my machine down (when I see someone is sycnhing, I even extend it sometimes to atleast until it's done, thus making me stay up super late). I might reduce the timeframe for the server as I don't have the server-type hard drive to run the mods on. I need your cooperation as I am trying to make things atleast less stressful when it comes to synching our mods. I need your appreciation not BStry stuffs. Cheers!

HornetMaX

I really appreciate your effort but this thing can only work if the FTP is hosted on a true server, up 24/7 and with adequate bandwidth.

Life was so much easier when the old syncback was there: I even managed to convince the GPB guys to use the same idea :)

Bj Slice

Absolutely right, this is what we have for rhe moment so I believe this is better than nothing at all. Hopefully everyone who tried to sync but encountered some connection-to-the-syncback problem be patient about it. If anyone has a dedicated server machine for this I would definitely turn this over. I will be glad. Yeah nobody asked me to do this I know,  I just want to contribute something to the community atleast.

Bj Slice

Update: Download new profiles for syncback for 24/7 server. Link is in the instructions above. Thanks to Geo and Motosave (for the 24/7 server)!

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

philiaN

Thank you guys !!! Really appreciate your efforts.

And actually the documents folder are always writeable. Even if they are on C: that is the reason why i would def. recommend the mods folder. sure veteran guys will use what they want, but for new guys this will be def. easier in combination with syncback.

pretty much every new guy has problems with syncback in the beginning, 90% is based on the write permissions on C: MX bikes root folder

just do option with the mods folder in the first place and it should be good, cause every beginner will do the first option :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 22, 2017, 04:36:30 AM
Update: Download new profiles for syncback for 24/7 server. Link is in the instructions above. Thanks to Geo and Motosave (for the 24/7 server)!

One question: would it be possible to have the FTP login details (login, password) written in the 1st post with the instructions ?
I have my own profiles and it's much quicker for me to modify the FTP details than downloading your profiles and adapt them to my needs.

Of course I would only need the "read only" FTP login credentials (the ones that you put in the Syncback profiles) *not* the "write" ones (the ones you use to upload to the FTP.

And thanks to Geo :)

Bj Slice

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 22, 2017, 08:30:53 AM
Quote from: Bj Slice on November 22, 2017, 04:36:30 AM

One question: would it be possible to have the FTP login details (login, password) written in the 1st post with the instructions ?
I have my own profiles and it's much quicker for me to modify the FTP details than downloading your profiles and adapt them to my needs.

Of course I would only need the "read only" FTP login credentials (the ones that you put in the Syncback profiles) *not* the "write" ones (the ones you use to upload to the FTP.

And thanks to Geo :)

FTP account info posted in the first post.  :)

Bj Slice

Quote from: philiaN on November 22, 2017, 07:03:10 AM
Thank you guys !!! Really appreciate your efforts.

And actually the documents folder are always writeable. Even if they are on C: that is the reason why i would def. recommend the mods folder. sure veteran guys will use what they want, but for new guys this will be def. easier in combination with syncback.

pretty much every new guy has problems with syncback in the beginning, 90% is based on the write permissions on C: MX bikes root folder

just do option with the mods folder in the first place and it should be good, cause every beginner will do the first option :)

Noted Phil, thanks! I will edit the instructions

HornetMaX

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 22, 2017, 09:27:59 PM
FTP account info posted in the first post.  :)

Thx a lot !

Thanks to that, if in the future you change the FTP server (maintaining the folder structure, which is likely) I can do the change in 10sec flat (on all profiles at once) :)

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime