• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX52 Tyre + Front End Lock fix = focus on netcode

Started by BadStar, November 11, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

There is definitely a huge diff in the modded tyre.. I would say it's spot on. If we could just get rid of the terrible front end lock that happens very often, this would be major leap forward in being able to really push the bikes without the worry of quick slips and front lock. Sometimes I am literally riding straight ahead, touch rider lean and bam, face plant.

Is it at all possible to try these tyres out with the mxbikes stock bikes? I really want to know how it rides.

Like the title says, I'm thinking MX52 + front end lock fixed as a quick fix(wishful of me to believe front end lock is a quick fix haha, sorry) and then all focus on netcode for a while.  Wishful thinking, Im NO backseat dev for sure.

Thanks Asdrael and Pibs.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Alex

netcode full speed ahead  ;D

i barely get front end lock at all after playing with susp setups. you can deffinitly tell the difference with one small change. i couldnt use the oem mx1 stuff until this morning and been playing all day messing with setups and its so important for sure.
also so many people keep saying to me that they cant control the bike in the air. when for me i feel like its the opposite. if u let off the controls as u leave the jump then hit rear brake it works almost to good. you can tell people just hold it gassed or they trying to turn to hard for whips but just let off controls and constant air flow is perfect imo.

BadStar

yea whips are awesome. its just "different" then it was in the previous beta so it takes some time.

and for the front end lock.. sure I can tweak some and even lean froward more to help stop it.. but its still one of the more major bugs imo.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Alex

different for sure. feels right though.
maybe its something about the rm2ts but god damn they handle so much better than anything else for me.
i get washout bad if i dont lean back when braking. you couldnt do it at all really before b7 butyou can go into a corner pretty damn fast and just hold front brake flat now. as long as leaning back it rides sooo good to me. using the right stick to sit when pressing it in i think is better to im sure all the mxs ppl are using them controls but then u can lean and sit at same time. good for smashing it out of corners.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I definitely love the new whip motions, mainly how you can stretch a whip out over a jump rather than having it done and finished too early before landing with no choice..

Corners can feel amazing, if PiBoSo could make cornering on the flat feel like cornering on a hill like the corners on Mantua I would be very happy.

GDUBMX

I felt no matter the setup it's the rider lean front/back which cause the wash bug. That tyre defo helps though!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Quote from: GDUBMX on November 11, 2017, 10:51:50 AM
I felt no matter the setup it's the rider lean front/back which cause the wash bug. That tyre defo helps though!

I agree.. Thats what my post is about..   If pibs can stop or slow the rate of front end lock + we have these mx52 tyres. it would be a huge improvement overall.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mopslapper 124

I Recently had a issue with installing the Tyres, no errors but Tyre Model Geometry was not present in Game. I'm assuming I installed Mod wrong  :o . Any way i can feel the potential of whips even though I haven't gotten them down yet. Cornering Feels great. However im encountering a issue with un stable riding at low speeds. Wobble back and forth on the bars.

-Mop

GDUBMX

Make sure to rename and rars back to pkz, and check if you have duplicate folders. That causes that mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

The front end is just garbage period at this point. He turns like he has training wheels,  and forget braking deep into a corner, but I hope the next update makes the bike a little more predictable.  The mod tyres do help a little though.

Mopslapper 124

I'm loving this Game so Far! Wish I could see how I am Compared to you guys. And ill try the Tyres again once I can host a Server

-Mop