• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:55:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[WIP] 2-Stroke Sound 125|250|300

Started by pacopastor34, November 11, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

November 11, 2017, 12:05:09 PM Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:12:30 PM by pacopastor34
As the title says, I'm working on a new 2 stroke sound.

Here you have the current version 0.1.2 HERE 2 folders for 125 and 250.

Samples are from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfZXcEKwg0

I made it with MaxSCL 1.2 tool. Avaliable here http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2082.0

I will keep working on the sound but I would like you take my samples and my .scl file as a starting point to do your own sounds and look how the software works.

The point is take samples and make loops about, as much rpm-ranges as is possible. The samples must be the most linear possible, as you know it's difficult to take clean, good and linear sounds. I recommend you to see this video to know how to work a sample with Adobe Audition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRMnN6Xd-yU

Bj Slice

excited for this Paco. I hope you come back to making tracks as well, your previous released ones are awesome. Thanks!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

pacopastor34

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 11, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
excited for this Paco. I hope you come back to making tracks as well, your previous released ones are awesome. Thanks!

As soon I have more free time. I have some tracks ready to release. Just waiting for some tweaks in the objects

teeds

Sounds pretty good Paco thanks, a step in the right direction for sure.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Bj Slice

November 11, 2017, 05:37:56 PM #4 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:44:04 PM by Bj Slice
Sound awesome Paco, if I may say something about it, I would love to hear a more open field kinda sound. Is there a way to remove the echoing effect (engine running in the garage)? Other than that nice one!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

pacopastor34

Link Updated. A few tweaks to the tune and rpm-ranges.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Interesting man, it's hard huh.. I made one before and everyone told me it sounded rubbish, more like a nitro RC car!

I'd say yours is on the right track, but it sound like there are 2 engines running at once, slightly different tone to each other.

Ruubs

Excited for this Paco! Hate the stock 2 stroke sound.

Is anyone generous enough to make a youtube video of MXB with these sounds? Would love to hear it :-[

BadStar

Is there a guide somewhere on installing the sound to a bike in game?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

Quote from: BadStar on November 12, 2017, 08:02:11 PM
Is there a guide somewhere on installing the sound to a bike in game?

I thought I explained how to do it. Sorry.

Go to your favorite two stroke and put into it all the .wav files and engine.scl, before that backup all the .wav files and engine.scl

I provided both 250 and 125 in order to match with bike rpm.

BadStar

man, great job!

Really neat. Wonder what makes the echo sound, like a bi-plane.  If we can get that off, this is a huge upgrade to the sound.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

Thank you BadStar! I will be improved. And soon will be more sounds. For the 4stroke too.

Asdrael

The sounds are great but the echo/reverb is due to the way the sample was recorded. Knowing a bit about audio engineering Paco, I highly doubt you can fix that :/
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

The recording was I think taken in an enclosed area, thus echoing effect. There should be an adjustment that you can do in a sound application if you have one (I may be worng).