• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:39:44 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Beta 1 coming soon

Started by dirtbike, October 02, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzuki5

O.o really looking forward to this game!

Josh_315

Looks amazing so far, PiBoSo. As someone who has worked on creating content for many motocross games I can say bring on mx-bikes! Looks like I'm coming out of retirement for this game. The detail you're going to make available in this game compared to others already has me really excited to fix up many unfinished models.

MX181

Quote from: Josh_315 on February 03, 2014, 12:50:33 AM
Looks amazing so far, PiBoSo. As someone who has worked on creating content for many motocross games I can say bring on mx-bikes! Looks like I'm coming out of retirement for this game. The detail you're going to make available in this game compared to others already has me really excited to fix up many unfinished models.

i also think you guy will be able to make you models so much more detailed and high poly then before with this game engine being able to run it smoothly.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Josh_315

Quote from: MX181 on February 03, 2014, 01:12:28 AM
The detail you're going to make available in this game compared to others already has me really excited to fix up many unfinished models.

i also think you guy will be able to make you models so much more detailed and high poly then before with this game engine being able to run it smoothly.
Essentially what i just said. :P

AWood

Quote from: Josh_315 on February 03, 2014, 01:43:54 AM
The detail you're going to make available in this game compared to others already has me really excited to fix up many unfinished models.

Can't wait to have a game where the engine can support high poly models and you and other creators can show off what you can really do. <3

JC

This game looking really good!

Zwine

Looking forward to the beta!

Mangee

MX181

Quote from: AWood on February 03, 2014, 01:47:20 AM
Quote from: Josh_315 on February 03, 2014, 01:43:54 AM

Can't wait to have a game where the engine can support high poly models and you and other creators can show off what you can really do. <3

You model awood?

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

m121c

It's not so much the amount of poly's that kill mxs it's the textures. If you load up a full gate of the DJ/Wilson or the Gio/Wilson bikes (most optimized bikes for mxs besides the box models) and a full gate of Attackers RMZ (Most detailed bike model in sim geometry wise) you will not see much of a difference in fps. We are talking about 10-12k difference in poly's, that a substantial difference that you can't really tell a difference between.  Now the textures are a different story.

There always will be a degree of optimization for video games, it all just depends.

wattdigger

Quote from: acr21 on January 27, 2014, 04:30:58 AM
Me too, really looking forward to this.

Well holy damn, it's the creator of 2DMX. Hahaha i've submitted a couple tracks on your forum!!

ChrisK

hehe i also was suprised me and my Kids love his game :D

MotoRogers499

Anyone think this game will be the next major mx game? blow mxs out of the water? or just rival it?

DD

Too soon to tell and I don't see a reason to speculate. After playing the alpha we will have a better idea, but even then it will be too soon to tell.

Version 1 is when you can start making judgements.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DD on March 03, 2014, 03:05:24 AM
Too soon to tell and I don't see a reason to speculate. After playing the alpha we will have a better idea, but even then it will be too soon to tell.

Version 1 is when you can start making judgements.

After alpha1 you will probably have a very good idea if you like it or not. It's not going to change much after that.