• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:57 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2/4 stroke sound - OLD

Started by BadStar, November 18, 2017, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

November 18, 2017, 10:59:19 PM Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:21:11 AM by BadStar
Updated:11/24/2017 - Switched to MONO in hopes to fix the online sound issue GDUBMX was experiencing.
Updated: 11/19/2017 - Added rev limit fix mod (offline use online for now)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Figured I would move this over here for my 2 projects..

I am sure a good audio guy will actually pull these sound mods off the proper way and much better, but for now I will release my attempts as I update them. Mainly because we really don't have many sound options yet.

I can't seem to run Max's plugin to blend the audio and test it.. HAHA (so, I hope you have high hopes for the future of my mod?! :o)

This is all done kinda backwards but kinda works. It will sound good sometimes and bad sometimes.

It's not "dynamic" and doesn't "flow" in the way the sounds engine wants it to. I cheated by only editing the Idle/Low/Mid/High basically. You will notice that your throttle management will trigger these different sound files and the better you get at playing with that the better the sound is..but enough said.  It's a wip, hope you either enjoy or get inspired to make us some good sounds!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2-Stroke 250cc WIP 
(EARY PRE PRE PRE ALPHA VERSION RELEASE - WILL UPDATE AS I GO)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qz61sbwh0z98i2p/2Stroke250mono.zip (MONO)

Two Options For Install:

1)Strictly New Sounds; remove all .wav files from your 250 of choice, add my .wav files.  & make sure to replace/overwrite the "sfx.cfg" with the one I included.

2) Mixed Sounds: Basically allowing mx-bikes to fill the gaps in audio with stock sounds that I have yet to make. Just copy all files from the download into the bike of choice and allow it to overwrite. (including "sfx.cfg")
          (easiest I would say and sounds fine/maybe best? mixed for now)

https://www.youtube.com/v/BKOoj4j6Yz0&feature=youtu.be
^^2-Stroke vid needs updating..more sounds have been added^^
4-Stroke WIP
(no release just yet)

https://www.youtube.com/v/McvYIDwDEug&feature=youtu.be
REV LIMITER FIX
This simple fix will make the bike only hit the limiter while the rear tire is off the ground. It sounds and feels so much better.
This mod requires you to modify one line of code within the file "BikeOfChoice.CFG"

Example Bike: OEM 2016 Suzuki RM-Z250

1)Unzip: MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.pkz 
2)Open Unzipped Folder:  MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250
3)Open File: MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.cfg
4)Add 1500 RPM to the original RPM Limiter Code (adjust to your liking if need)
example: BEFORE
NumLimiter = 1
Limiter0 = 14000

example: AFTER
NumLimiter = 1
Limiter0 = 15500

5)Make sure to get the paints from the existing MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.folder within C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Bikes\bikes and move them into the edited unzipped folder/paints
6)Remove MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.pkz from C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Bikes\bikes and replace/overwrite with the MX2OEM_2016_Suzuki_RM-Z250.folder
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Alex

these are so good dude. amazing work. thankyou!

john_710

This mod makes me want to just pin it all over the place lmao, Very excited to see where this mod goes

GDUBMX

awsome man thank you very much!!! cant wait for that 4 stroke!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

2 stroke sounds amazing.. can't wait to give it a blast!

GDUBMX

not sure whats happened with my game but i noticed since installing this mod and playing online, if someone is using a 2 stroke the sound sounds like im riding it although im not and the bike is no wehre near me.. weird

BadStar

Quote from: GDUBMX on November 20, 2017, 09:18:19 PM
not sure whats happened with my game but i noticed since installing this mod and playing online, if someone is using a 2 stroke the sound sounds like im riding it although im not and the bike is no wehre near me.. weird

That's odd.. I didn't mess with anything other than the .wav files

When I can, I'll get back at it and see if something is causing that
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

November 21, 2017, 12:26:09 AM #7 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:38:04 AM by BadStar
And gdub.. does it sound like it's your actual bike or does it sound like it's their bike in the distance?

Well, I forgot. I did adjust a line of code in the "sfx" thats on the download. I wonder if changing it back will fix. I won't be able to test til tomorrow.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

It's definitely someone else's bike, when they are using the gas it overrides my sound as if I'm riding the 2 stroke although I'm on a 4 stroke. Also noticed that with the other limiter mod I got a bike mismatch and had to change back to the old version. Thanks mate

Rick

where can i find the original 250cc_limiter.wav ?

Ruubs

Quote from: GDUBMX on November 21, 2017, 05:41:00 AM
It's definitely someone else's bike, when they are using the gas it overrides my sound as if I'm riding the 2 stroke although I'm on a 4 stroke. Also noticed that with the other limiter mod I got a bike mismatch and had to change back to the old version. Thanks mate

My guess is that the WAV files are stereo instead of mono. Stereo causes some problems.

Rick

Please help me...where can i find the original 250cc_limiter.wav ?

LastFriday

Twitch135

Quote from: Rick on November 22, 2017, 12:55:51 AM
Please help me...where can i find the original 250cc_limiter.wav ?
For the OEM bikes just go into your Mx Bikes folder, then open Bikes folder then open one of the OEM bike zip folder and you will find it in there. For stock bikes mx bikes folder then the bikes zip file. Hope this makes sense and helps  ;D.

Badstar nice work man that 2 stroke sounds way better.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

BadStar

Thx twitch.. may need to go back and make it mono.. I wonder it's whats causing gdub to get his audio messed up online..
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime