• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Online dead?

Started by GDUBMX, November 19, 2017, 05:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

I've noticed that the online play has seriously dropped off, probably slightly more than usual.

What is the reason do you guys think?

Its a real shame, i love this game so much and battling is so fun!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

osmeralda

I've noticed the same thing and think that the reason must be game crashes. Atleast for me it's the only bugging thing right now.

Wedgewood

I've only been able to connect once or twice since the update.  I usually freeze at the sync screen and the few times I was able to connect the game crashed within a minute or two.

ChamP_Mx

Yeah I have been playing online, anytime there is a server up with 1 person in it I always join. I've only had the full game for about 2 weeks so I really hope the servers begin to get more populated.
"Some take drugs, some drink bottles, i solve my problems by twisting throttles."

Mace-x

my game flopped since i´ve installed the oem bikes with syncback, havent been able to get online working since  >:(

BadStar

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 14, 2017, 11:08:45 PM
Release Notes
- this update is not mandatory, it should be backward-compatible with Beta7
- To minimize join lag, please make sure that the server administrator restricts the allowed bike categories as much as possible

I wonder if anyone is following suite with pibs request to restrict categories..
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

For me, I've just been working like crazy, also, other than rear wheel traction I almost feel that the B7 front wheel and braking physics have gotten worse. IMO that needs to be the #1 focus rather than online play and other things that were improved.

loinen

November 20, 2017, 04:27:30 AM #7 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:30:13 AM by loinen
I think there are few reasons:
1) some ppl are not satisfied with online stability and smoothness;
2) someone is fed up with the new tracks and wants something new again, I hate this but this happens for sure. Maybe can be partially solved with more active track rotation on servers, as for me there is a bunch of cool tracks (including some rookie suitable SX ones) but many of them are not used or appear very rarely;
3) I've noticed new people coming, they are very slow, maybe those guys decided to train offline, also some of them probably do not know about OEM bikes\custom tracks or cant get everything working properly, they just saw 1-2 stock servers which are empty.

I'm wondering how useful can be an all-in-one guide (with copy on mxb-central and anywhere else) which would tell in simple words where to dl bikes\tracks, how to install\configure, how to see all servers, how to solve most common newbie problems and even sort of "MX/SX science" lessons, not a big book but all main things in substance. I see ppl asking same questions all the time, looks like many suffer with lack of full consecutive info. I could do that but not sure if it's necessary, also thinking of someone who can help, especially about riding tips, maybe Bj, Sandbiter, TFC? Who is the most knowledgeable and ready to tell secrets? :) let me know what you think. If confirmed then I could do some map out to discuss and start writing.

john_710

When i join a  online server it takes a long time to load so a lot of the time i decide to play off line to get a couple more laps in before i hop off. Im in the eastern standard time zone so I feel like a miss when ever one is online.

PizzaChet

I'm pretty bummed. I had a new computer without any PiBoSo titles on it yet. I did a fresh install and the OEM pack in order to go online and all it does is freeze up. Weak sauce.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Alex

well being from aussie playing online is 10 times more of a joke  8)
600-800 ping haha. i can only get on the b7mod servers every now and then. any others it just sits on syncing. but i dont get error message its just never ending.

Eularias

hi there,

I am new to this forum so perhaps I am not yet in a position to discuss this but I am doing it anyway 8)
I try to play online regularly (even though I am waaay too slow!), but I must admit that the practice session takes forever (30 mins), followed by 2 qualification sessions and the races. I mean, practice is nice, but you could do this offline. This makes the entire 'experience' rather long. I would also really like frequent map/track rotation? Other online games tend to switch more frequently, matches are shorter. Just my 2 cts  ::)

I am enjoying the game nevertheless  :D

MotoSavage

I have 3 servers up and running with a pretty good connection from a dedicated machine. They seem to be decently active.. You can always catch a couple guys on there it seems like. Any track requests? Wouldnt mind some other ones.

ChamP_Mx

Quote from: Eularias on November 20, 2017, 09:10:10 PM
hi there,

I am new to this forum so perhaps I am not yet in a position to discuss this but I am doing it anyway 8)
I try to play online regularly (even though I am waaay too slow!), but I must admit that the practice session takes forever (30 mins), followed by 2 qualification sessions and the races. I mean, practice is nice, but you could do this offline. This makes the entire 'experience' rather long. I would also really like frequent map/track rotation? Other online games tend to switch more frequently, matches are shorter. Just my 2 cts  ::)

I am enjoying the game nevertheless  :D

You can start a poll when your at the pits just click the arrow to the right of race 1, race 2, practice, or qualify then you can vote by going to chat and clicking yes or if your on track you can press F2 to vote Yes . If there is more votes to start the race than the race will start.
"Some take drugs, some drink bottles, i solve my problems by twisting throttles."

Eularias

Quote from: Jjok_17 on November 20, 2017, 11:24:29 PM
You can start a poll when your at the pits just click the arrow to the right of race 1, race 2, practice, or qualify then you can vote by going to chat and clicking yes or if your on track you can press F2 to vote Yes . If there is more votes to start the race than the race will start.

Thanks man, that helps for sure! Is there any way to change tracks in a server after a match?