• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:29 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

UDT Ports For Online Play

Started by Mopslapper 124, December 14, 2017, 07:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopslapper 124

Hey guys, I Must show my Concern for the lack of support in getting Online. The fact I should have to change my Routers Ports to connect seems rather concerning to me. and seems to have turned 2 of my friends now away from giving this game a go. Can anyone help me resolve this?

or explain to me why it must be this way?

Thank you

-MopSlapper

Mysterious

Opening UDP ports is only required for for the server (as far as I know).

Don't need to adjust personal pc to play online at all.

BUT!!!!! Depending on server your trying to join you may need proper bikes, tyres, and track(s).

Thinking this is problem.

PizzaChet

This has become a non-starter for me. In MX Sim, if you join a server and if you don't have the track you get a message saying which track you don't have. If you don't have the bikes and skins everyone else has, you see default, stock models and skins on those bikes and riders you don't have, but you get to stay in the server. Please implement a similar method instead of exact content matching to join.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 15, 2017, 05:54:22 PM
This has become a non-starter for me. In MX Sim, if you join a server and if you don't have the track you get a message saying which track you don't have. If you don't have the bikes and skins everyone else has, you see default, stock models and skins on those bikes and riders you don't have, but you get to stay in the server. Please implement a similar method instead of exact content matching to join.

You don't need the same skins in MXB either. You do need to have the proper bike dyno though. The check is there to prevent people to join with their custom made engines and cheat.

Mopslapper 124

Hey guys, just to clarify. If I host my own server or if my friend tries we both get timeout errors. We both run stock games

Mysterious

December 15, 2017, 09:57:58 PM #5 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:59:58 PM by ℊℯℴ
^ yes that is what I mean. You do need to open the UDP ports to host (or just turn on firewall all together).

And also be sure if you are playing from same pc as hosting from to NOT use port 54210 (make it 54211 or whatever)