• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Shit is dead PiB?

Started by Mysterious, December 15, 2017, 01:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 18, 2017, 06:35:54 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 17, 2017, 12:50:15 PMI've been offered a chance to extend WRS to compete with iRacing, ONLY for the dirt ovals part.
IMO, you stand a better chance of taking on MX Sim rather than iRacing IF you concentrate your effort or delegate others to the 3 other sims. Nobody knows what you're armed with or have been offered(other than Geo's attempt) as far as capital or programmers, but iRacing has an entire army and Fort Knox on their side comparatively. Dreams are a good thing, delusion is another. It feels like you might be getting a little schizophrenic with all of these titles to try decide which one to bank on with limited resources.

:o
As already posted before, WRS only got very little development time for the latest update, to primarily focus on MXB.
What delusion are you talking about?  ???

PizzaChet

Competing with iRacing. Doesn't that translate into taking a bite out of their share of online racing? How does online racing for WRS compare to iRacing?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

December 18, 2017, 09:42:30 PM #17 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:44:26 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: PizzaChet on December 18, 2017, 08:42:09 PM
Competing with iRacing. Doesn't that translate into taking a bite out of their share of online racing? How does online racing for WRS compare to iRacing?

That was a collaboration proposal coming from another company.

I often regret detailing what happens behind the scenes of development. There is almost always a lot of misunderstanding.

PizzaChet

Sorry to harsh on you Pib. I've been with you since the first days of GPB before the revamp of the engine and got a little miffed at you putting so many irons in the fire. I for one believe you could definitely benefit from a collaborative effort as long as it's not a sellout. I always thought you and Josh L. Vanderhoof (MX Sim guy) should collaborate and get the best of both worlds in MX, but that is more delusion than dream(see what I did there?). We all want to see you succeed, since it's sorely needed in this genre, but also are quite frustrated at the incredibly long beta cycle. Good luck and I'll wait for your domination of the wheeled sim world!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

MXK_cdub85

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 18, 2017, 09:42:30 PM
That was a collaboration proposal coming from another company.

I often regret detailing what happens behind the scenes of development. There is almost always a lot of misunderstanding.

I don't think there is any reason to regret disclosure of any kind. One thing that could help is MORE transparency and better overall communication. A lot of times both you and Snappe have very short, almost condescending replies. Now, you may not see them coming off that way, but sometimes more than a brief sentence is needed and would help with misunderstandings if you elaborated just a bit more. I don't have any clue what your work/life balance is and won't claim to understand everything you have going on, but a community driven project thrives when the developers are capable communicators.

Also, on the topic at hand and the community aspects I mentioned, why don't you lean more on the community to assist with asset creation to flesh out the game quicker while you do the physics/engine/etc work? I know there would be plenty of folks who would be happy with a simple named credit. Maybe have some kind of contract stating no money is to be exchanged so ther is no legal shit hitting the fan if someone decided later they wanted a piece of the pie. I just don't see why you wouldn't want outside help when there are so many that would offer it in a heartbeat. Again, I'm sure its all easier said than done.  :o

PizzaChet

Unfortunately, I think he might've been suggesting that transparency leads to problems.

Mysterious

December 21, 2017, 02:46:27 AM #21 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:34:06 PM by ℊℯℴ
Being a business owner and upfront with my guys as much as possible (with profits, bonuses, and what to expect, etc).......I have to say this is NOT true.

I have 35+ employees and am as transparent as possible.

Never would I leave my guys in dark and what to expect.

But, PiB did say we are "sustained". Haha......

bassit

@Geo...

I have to ask why the turnaround?

You have done as much for this community as anyone, supported it as much as anyone, so what has caused you to have such a reaction to beta 7?

Piboso never said that online would be fixed for beta 7, you know he has 4 games to work on, it just doesnt make any sense.

We all want online to work better but no one else is making damaging threads like this one, you are not stupid, you know what you are doing.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

MXkingUSA

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on December 15, 2017, 01:55:39 AM
Oh that's right......gonna say it again

Fix netcode!

You gave us (after last drama a total of few small fixes for online).

New beta is dead not because the physics need more work (better, but worse).......but because no real actual improvement to online.

If a proper series can be held.........many would join, mod, play, etc......

Just saying, fix online!!!!

This beta is more dead than any other........and beta3 was pretty damn dead!

sick of reading the posts you keep making, such a crybaby. is this all for attention because you clearly a full of narcissism and hate being "left out". Just let the devs do their jobs and stop bitching,getting the devs to delete your profile then make some bullshit excuse that you were jsut curious if it could happen.........come on..... its all for attention! mr moneyman whos fuckin loaded and splashes his cash about to any old douche online, its patehtic. get some real fuckin friends and enjoy the game
"lets ride"

Theereal24

You have a better chance with MXB then the other games, Trying to beat Iracing is like throwing a rock at a tank and hoping it blows up, You could easily beat out Mx sim if you do it the right way. All this game really needs is better online and more interaction with the community. You have heard the community B**** about this so do something about it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on December 21, 2017, 02:46:27 AM
Being a business owner and upfront with my guys as much as possible (with profits, bonuses, and what to expect, etc).......I have to say this is NOT true.

I have 35+ employees and am as transparent as possible.

Never would I leave my guys in dark and what to expect.

Do you know the difference between employees and customers?  ::)
Do you publicly detail all your inner business decisions and problems with your customers?

Mysterious

Say we were thinking to branch the company to another area, yes it would be shared to employees and many customers in that potential area to feel the market interest out and help make that decision if it is worth it or not.

If we are having problems, it is expressed to both. Such as right now business is slow and we aren't shy to say it or hide it. Even many here know that.

Problems with equipment or installation, absolutely we share and fix. Say a hot water generator line breaks and floods an attic due to a fitting in the pipe. We find all customers we have same and go fix for free to protect us from future liabilities there.

Honestly, we are pretty open with both customers and employees, especially if specifically asked.

So, in your case to provide one line details of info and not openly speak to your community of testers about a potential to take dirt ovals and compete to get their opinions, I think is foolish.

On that note, IMO, we as a community of beta testers aren't really employees, but we're not really customers either. Sure we bought into it, but we didn't buy a game or sim to just play and mod. We also bought into the fact we are testers and the idea that we can provide feedback and improvements for the games official release. 

Theereal24

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on December 22, 2017, 04:48:21 PM
Say we were thinking to branch the company to another area, yes it would be shared to employees and many customers in that potential area to feel the market interest out and help make that decision if it is worth it or not.

If we are having problems, it is expressed to both. Such as right now business is slow and we aren't shy to say it or hide it. Even many here know that.

Problems with equipment or installation, absolutely we share and fix. Say a hot water generator line breaks and floods an attic due to a fitting in the pipe. We find all customers we have same and go fix for free to protect us from future liabilities there.

Honestly, we are pretty open with both customers and employees, especially if specifically asked.

So, in your case to provide one line details of info and not openly speak to your community of testers about a potential to take dirt ovals and compete to get their opinions, I think is foolish.

On that note, IMO, we as a community of beta testers aren't really employees, but we're not really customers either. Sure we bought into it, but we didn't buy a game or sim to just play and mod. We also bought into the fact we are testers and the idea that we can provide feedback and improvements for the games official release.

I think I have a tear in my eye after reading this, Well put Geo

Alex

was gonna make a topic but maybe this one will do.
really just want to know what are the chances of netcode being fixed in 2018?
just a rough idea of what the plan is for netcode/2018 would be MUCH appreciated. happy new year everyone