• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:48:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

=How to Whip Tutorial Needed=

Started by Mopslapper 124, January 22, 2018, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopslapper 124

Looking for some assistance in getting Whips sorted... I can get around now quite fast but than i get that Itch to throw some whips and i cant seem to find consistency. :(

Any help would be grand

-Shawn 

Umpossible

While I can't do a video with a tutorial, Whenever I want to throw a big whip, I'll either do one of two things:

1) lean my rider completely forward on the take off and then at the same time throwing the bike either left or right (not lean but turn). This is more of a scrub kind of whip. Only problem with this one, is that sometimes you might go over the bars (depends on the take off). I recommend holding the throttle at full rev the entire jump lol.

2) on the take off, throw the bike and rider lean in opposite directions (a lot like the MXGP games)

I've noticed that if you sit down while doing these whips, then you'll do an awesome Justin Bogle style one footed whip!

You can see a screenshot of my whip using technique number one above here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2094.0

I'm sure others have better techniques, but I thought it'd share mine.

Mopslapper 124

Maybe I just need practice... it seems when i'm not trying to Whip and i'm just going fast ill have Style in the air (Little off center, more whip for function) but when I try to do a stylish whip I have issues...

Practice, I will. learn I Must.

-Shawn