• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:51 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Daily Development Log

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, January 21, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

PiBoSo, why are you no longer using the daily development log over on the PiBoSo board?

Mysterious

Perhaps there won't be daily work on the sims anymore :(

Wedgewood

Things have really been slowing down around here.  Maybe it's the beginning of the end.

PiBoSo

Quote from: тғc on January 21, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
PiBoSo, why are you no longer using the daily development log over on the PiBoSo board?

New year, less tasks, less stress.

PiBoSo

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 21, 2018, 08:47:32 PM
Quote from: тғc on January 21, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

New year, less tasks, less stress.

Good for you!

I think a lot of people liked to see what was going on behind the scenes though.. Remember the days of being bugged about what's going on?  ::)

How about a weekly dev log?

Wedgewood

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 21, 2018, 08:49:01 PM
Quote from: Wedgewood on January 21, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
Maybe it's the beginning of the end.

Why assume the worst?  ::)

I'm a bit of a pessimist I guess, but this reply has given me more hope. 

PiBoSo

Quote from: тғc on January 21, 2018, 10:44:03 PM
I think a lot of people liked to see what was going on behind the scenes though.. Remember the days of being bugged about what's going on?  ::)

How about a weekly dev log?

Me and Snappe will try to post frequent, but surely not daily, updates on development.
Maybe closer to release, though. At the moment there isn't something interesting enough to show.

Mysterious

Just seems odd to me as it takes ZERO time to state a very vague sentence of what you did and not even explain to begin with.

Just get rid of the music video, which probably takes way longer to decide what to post than what was done.

Why stop?

Mysterious

^ in other words....I agree, the beginning of the end.

Which honestly the end was while back.

Ruubs

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on January 23, 2018, 04:08:43 AM

I doubt this negativity motivates Piboso to work on MXB. I must admit though, that Mx Bikes has never felt this dead before and that I am worried.

Umpossible

I can only speak from my point of view here, but I don't believe this game is dead. I feel like this game is drowning. Now if I remember correctly from a high school first aid course I had to take, if a person is drowning, you've got 4 minutes to regain their consciousness before brain damage becomes a problem. I believe, if we don't revive the game now, then yeah, it'll die. But I think the game can be revived.

Anybody can revive the game, whether it's posting your set up for the newer players or adding a skin or a track or even just a lap time in the FLCS. Anything could be the spark that inspires them to make their own and also contribute.

To be fair, ive only been playing the game since August 2017 and I only joined the forums this year, so I'm still excited by the game, I guess you could say I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I haven't been around since the start, so I'm not yet sick of the waiting around for new updates or the complete lack of online play. I'm still content to run laps just trying to go faster and not crash or trying to make a new skin. And yes these parts can be unmotivating to try and get into the game, sure. But this game to me could be pretty awesome. Sure the physics need work, but I've found that I'm now completely used to them and prefer them (I opened up mx sim last night and quit after 3 laps because everything felt too stiff). And the amazing graphics displayed in the game opens up a avenue of amazing skins, tracks and bike models.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is understand why you guys are over it but all it takes is a few people to really give this game a chance.It has the potential to be really successful with an entire community dedicated to it. And sure, over the next few months/years my own willingness to try and help revive the game might wane and come back, but while this game is still around and there are people still coming to this forum to read new updates or download new creations and there are people willing to dedicate time and effort to make them, then I think that this game can still hold its head above water and slowly learn to swim.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 24, 2018, 03:15:22 PM

I doubt this negativity motivates Piboso to work on MXB. I must admit though, that Mx Bikes has never felt this dead before and that I am worried.

After working on MXB for years, I'm not going to stop or in any way change development just because a random guy spits negativity on the forum.

However, it is indeed surprising that the community is so silent right now, considering that MXB, despite its known flaws, has never been better in terms of physics, netcode, contents, features, ...

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2018, 07:01:18 PM

After working on MXB for years, I'm not going to stop or in any way change development just because a random guy spits negativity on the forum.

However, it is indeed surprising that the community is so silent right now, considering that MXB, despite its known flaws, has never been better in terms of physics, netcode, contents, features, ...

Are you sure about the netcode being better than ever before? I haven't been able to play B7 yet (since I'm not home until Feb), but it seems like no-one can get online. It sounds like it's the worst it's ever been, and I'm 100% sure that's what causes the community to be as silent as it is at the moment.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on January 24, 2018, 07:42:14 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2018, 07:01:18 PM

Are you sure about the netcode being better than ever before? I haven't been able to play B7 yet (since I'm not home until Feb), but it seems like no-one can get online. It sounds like it's the worst it's ever been, and I'm 100% sure that's what causes the community to be as silent as it is at the moment.

No, not sure about netcode.