• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:11:39 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, June 14, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Geknor on June 15, 2018, 11:09:29 PM
Bike mismatch error when joining online races. Can someone help?
do a clean install, delete your MX Bikes folder that should be in your program files (x86) and reinstall the game just to make sure

philiaN

Brutaux

Maybe I just got used to beta 7, but I miss the wheelspin as well.  Was eventually using it to cut out of corners quicker, now I can't provoke it much at all.

iNsane

Quote from: Geknor on June 15, 2018, 11:09:29 PM
Bike mismatch error when joining online races. Can someone help?

remove your whole MX Bikes folder and install b8 again. Make sure you copied at least your controller settings and licence from documents folder. Before installation remove the Installation Folder and the Folder in Documents to make sure it's a fresh install. After first install I also wasn't able to join a server bc of the bike mismatch error. After the steps and reinstallation everything works like a charm

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

[GH]Cody

Quote from: Brutaux on June 16, 2018, 02:17:13 AM
Maybe I just got used to beta 7, but I miss the wheelspin as well.  Was eventually using it to cut out of corners quicker, now I can't provoke it much at all.
how so? i break my rear wheel loose in almost every corner to pivot the bike around

Brutaux

Quote from: gokitty199 on June 16, 2018, 03:44:14 AM
Quote from: Brutaux on June 16, 2018, 02:17:13 AM
how so? i break my rear wheel loose in almost every corner to pivot the bike around

I found it, new "Traction Help" setting, uncheck that box and you'll see what I was missing :)

CSchmied986

Well, I've been having a lot more fun with the new physics till I tried to go online... For some reason it only counts about 1 in every 5 lap times, people disappearing everywhere, getting taken out by people I don't see, and my screen glitches every few seconds... The physics have definitely taken a step in the right direction though!

GDUBMX

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 16, 2018, 06:46:24 PM
Well, I've been having a lot more fun with the new physics till I tried to go online... For some reason it only counts about 1 in every 5 lap times, people disappearing everywhere, getting taken out by people I don't see, and my screen glitches every few seconds... The physics have definitely taken a step in the right direction though!

The netcode was never suppposed to be addressed in Beta 8, thats why it behaves badly still.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Twitch135

I think collision should be turned off until netcode is better. Would help with getting hit by people that disappear. Less frustration  ;)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

iNsane

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 16, 2018, 06:46:24 PM

numbers fix is easy, just uncheck and check "2d flags" again and it works, at least for me.

people disappearing is true, but i only had it at start. And my screen is fine tho

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

NORCAL

I'll try that out. Guessing changing the Low Med High for the network in settings doesn't change anything?

Alex

well thanks for the update. physics are better. but for a 9 month wait its a bit of a let down.
i thought for sure for how long we were waiting there would have been some work on the net code or a new rider model or something.
i really hope we dont have to wait that long again. i just dont see the point in the updates if we cant hold proper races with 20+ people.
thanks though  :'(

philiaN

Quote from: Alex on June 17, 2018, 10:48:21 AM
well thanks for the update. physics are better. but for a 9 month wait its a bit of a let down.
i thought for sure for how long we were waiting there would have been some work on the net code or a new rider model or something.
i really hope we dont have to wait that long again. i just dont see the point in the updates if we cant hold proper races with 20+ people.
thanks though  :'(

Don't know what to say.. you know that Piboso is working on four titles? So it's way less development time for mxb than 9 months, its lore like 2/3 months. Anyway, like gdub already said: The netcode was never suppposed to be addressed in Beta 8, thats why it behaves badly still. And we havent even tested if the server can hold 20+ people (netcode besides). Netcode will be addressed in beta9.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Online last night with 10 or so people on Washington (a semi demanding track) and nobody jumped about or disappeared.

I was using very high bandwidth setting..

Long and short is we knew PiBoSo wasn't going to touch netcode without physics being on point. I'd like to think that the physics are more or less nailed and now netcode can take priority.

Perhaps the fact that it's now 64bit has helped online but I've ridden with lots of different people and have been close enough to bang bars.

It's a shame netcode wasn't a priority over physics, but it is what it is. I've had more fun in this beta in the short time it's been out than any since b2 or 3..

ReichsPudding

Good beta so far, only problems I've experience have been some missing legs on other riders, TrackIR no longer works for me and i think the sand grip is a bit high. Certainly it is a lot more fun to lap when you are not praying for the front end not to give up.  :)