• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:29:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, June 14, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutaux

I am THOROUGHLY enjoying beta 8!  Didn't start playing til beta 7, and even with all of the simulation helpers unchecked, I am noticing a huge improvement in physics (I do not use mods).

What I noticed mostly:

-  Brake and throttle control while steering feels much, much better, although I do feel more of a restriction in lean angle as some others have mentioned, I'm wondering if that was the sacrifice for more control?

- Less front-end "flutter" and no extreme suspension responses under heavy dynamic terrain changes and ruts.  And, the terrain changes seem even more aggressive and realistic, well done!

- Lots of settings to cater to the simulation or arcade style player.  And I notice some people are addressing a problem with the front-end dipping when leaving the face of a jump, but I feel that is normal (especially on 4-strokes), and could possibly be added as a flywheel weight setting?

I have only played 8 for a few hours, and looking forward to trying some mods this beta.  I say excellent work, Physics>Netcode!  Thank you Piboso!!!

GDUBMX

Just gotta say this guys, think it's obvious.

This game will be just incredible with the netcode fixed, can't wait to get a series going and see it grow. We need some big exposure to the big sim channels out there and really stamp mx bikes on the map.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

loinen

this beta is so smooth online. racing the whole day today - enjoyed, and enjoyed, and enjoyed!
Pibs and guys, much thanks!

oneshotkill609

Love the BETA 8. Its exaclty what i wanted. This Game is on a WHOLE NEW LEVEL... I havent even PLAYED SIM since i tried BETA 8. Thanks guys u did a Banging Job.... Im putting hours in on this for sure. Im ONESHOTKILL609 in game RIDE WITH ME.....

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

GDUBMX

OK so, several hours in and I'm noticing something..
Not sure if I'm alone but has anyone else noticed at very low speeds there is this almost ultra grip glue feeling where if you wobble to much it can buck you off the bike? Kinda hard to describe but it  feels like extreme grip, I've edited tire files so they are at highest grip levels and this almost feels the same.

Really loving beta 8 though, would love to hear what the plans are from here and to see where you wanna dive into next. If I'm honest the physics are very close but still not all the way there. What's you guy's thoughts?

[GH]Cody

Quote from: GDUBMX on June 19, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
OK so, several hours in and I'm noticing something..
Not sure if I'm alone but has anyone else noticed at very low speeds there is this almost ultra grip glue feeling where if you wobble to much it can buck you off the bike? Kinda hard to describe but it  feels like extreme grip, I've edited tire files so they are at highest grip levels and this almost feels the same.

Really loving beta 8 though, would love to hear what the plans are from here and to see where you wanna dive into next. If I'm honest the physics are very close but still not all the way there. What's you guy's thoughts?
yep, am able to easily get the rider off his bike by turning one way and leaning the other a few times

Paradox28

I'm loving the fact that you can now charge much more than before. Whoops physics seem a lot better now, too.

PizzaChet

Nailed the "netcode"! Zero freeze when others joined. There was a bit of a hiccup/freeze thingy going into the garage with 3 people in the non-Weekend Warriors server. That server was about 125 ping while WW's were about 250 from US West coast. There's still some bike-to-ground issues or suspension glitches. It's rideable 90% of the time, but goes psycho sometimes when impacts get bigger. Can't be more precise or eloquent about it I guess. However the traction predictability is extremely improved. Great progress, just UI anamolies and the weird physics thing left to iron and you should Steam it. This is just my dipshit opinion.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

loinen

me once again to support devs :)
have had an amazing session today on js7 compound with few guys (BJ Slice, Reichs, Mattia and someone else). I know that netcode was not addressed for the beta but lag reducing can be fully confirmed (guess 64bit has made some sweet bonus). I rode and enjoyed other guys whipping and scrubbing SMOOTH, that was so fucking cool!

pacopastor34

After a few days testing this beta, I must say for me the game is 150% funnier now. I can push a lot more and enjoy the 450. Landing jumps is not lottery now. This beta is a huge step. Congrats guys.

The only bad thing is the long time we have to wait between releases. This thing kills the community.

GDUBMX

Quote from: pacopastor34 on June 22, 2018, 03:06:24 PM

The only bad thing is the long time we have to wait between releases. This thing kills the community.

All in favour of hotfixes and quick updates? Me

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: GDUBMX on June 22, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Me 8)

CSchmied986

Quote from: тғc on June 22, 2018, 06:01:28 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on June 22, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Me 8)