• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:49:44 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, June 14, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

Whipping is good in this beta. However, when you whip big enough, the stability of the bike changes and will not bring the bike back. I understand whipping too hard can be risky even IRL but there will be some instances that you'll have to do it but stability issues comes in. It seems it lost the sense of weight and trajectory of the bike when whipping more than 90 degrees (unable to know exact angle but atleast close to it) left or right of Y axis. As soon as it starts doing the oppo whip, stability is off. I hope this is fixed. Thanks Piboso.

Note: tested it with only stock in-game bikes.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

loinen

June 29, 2018, 01:59:07 PM #76 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:05:17 PM by loinen
does anybody feel the physics a bit 'arcadey'? i mean it's too easy. all sort of whoops are 'never fall' and full throttle. i never rode through whoops irl and i'm not sure but they doesn't seem to be such a safe place lol another moment - i can go under angle down some real downhill (like on Washougal), brake quite hard, my rear end jumps crazy high - never fall. realistic? and the lap times. stock bikes are 6-7 seconds faster now. maybe this is because tracks are not broken enough or something but also a bit confusing. in the past times were more close to real.

hvpmvp

Quote from: Bj Slice on June 29, 2018, 12:39:26 PM
Whipping is good in this beta. However, when you whip big enough, the stability of the bike changes and will not bring the bike back. I understand whipping too hard can be risky even IRL but there will be some instances that you'll have to do it but stability issues comes in. It seems it lost the sense of weight and trajectory of the bike when whipping more than 90 degrees (unable to know exact angle but atleast close to it) left or right of Y axis. As soon as it starts doing the oppo whip, stability is off. I hope this is fixed. Thanks Piboso.

Note: tested it with only stock in-game bikes.

It does it with the new oem bikes too
Modeler

HornetMaX

Just notived that EdTracker (via FreeTrack) doesn't work with MXB beta8.
Is this related to the move to x64 ? Is there anything "extranl" needed by MXB in order to have FreeTrack work again ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 02, 2018, 08:47:59 AM
Is this related to the move to x64 ? Is there anything "extranl" needed by MXB in order to have FreeTrack work again ?

Thank you for the report.
The problem is indeed related to the 64 bit version.
The code has now been changed and the fix will be integrated in the next update.
However, there is an additional issue: the latest FreeTrack installer doesn't include the needed file "freetrackclient64.dll". There are some versions floating around the web ( that must be manually downloaded and installed ), but no official one, apparently.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 02, 2018, 11:33:50 AM

That goes to davidboda46 on GBP forum :)

The code has now been changed and the fix will be integrated in the next update.
However, there is an additional issue: the latest FreeTrack installer doesn't include the needed file "freetrackclient64.dll". There are some versions floating around the web ( that must be manually downloaded and installed ), but no official one, apparently.
Personally I use opentrack (which can expose a device as freetrack and provides a lot of fine-tuning) and from what I've read/understood it should work fine with x64: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/issues/117

Not sure about the "Use Process Explorer to see if npclient64.dll is used by the game process" : does it mean that MXB should load this instead of freetrackclient64.dll ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 02, 2018, 12:54:45 PM

That goes to davidboda46 on GBP forum :)

Personally I use opentrack (which can expose a device as freetrack and provides a lot of fine-tuning) and from what I've read/understood it should work fine with x64: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/issues/117

Not sure about the "Use Process Explorer to see if npclient64.dll is used by the game process" : does it mean that MXB should load this instead of freetrackclient64.dll ?

The file NPclient64.dll is used for the TrackIR ( Natural Point ) interface. It is an official file, but unfortunately it is not correctly loaded by MX Bikes beta8 either.
The FreeTrack interface should use freetrackclient64.dll instead.

HornetMaX

July 04, 2018, 12:17:48 AM #82 Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:23:46 AM by HornetMaX
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 04, 2018, 12:03:22 AM
The file NPclient64.dll is used for the TrackIR ( Natural Point ) interface. It is an official file, but unfortunately it is not correctly loaded by MX Bikes beta8 either.
The FreeTrack interface should use freetrackclient64.dll instead.
OpenTrack can "emulate" TrackIR too (i.e. it can send EdTracker output via a TrackIR interface).
So, in absence of a freetrackclient64.dll, should this do the trick ? Maybe only after the fix you mentioned on top of beta8 ?