• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:47:19 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suspension settings

Started by Asdrael, July 12, 2018, 11:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzaChet

Sorry for you guys that have the trouble. I've been successfully changing suspension settings while online. Using more rebound damping and less compression damping with higher spring rate makes for a more tame setup. I'm getting better and having a lot more fun even without other online racers. Tonight's syncback update should remedy that!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Asdrael

Ran (much) more tests.

Running Windows 8 compatibility seems to allow to setup changes to make an impact (lol?). Not sure if it's my comp or a general compatibility issue (I can forward my specs and all as needed, but I'm running Windows 10 with all updates, clean Windows install this May, not Windows modifications, running it as single master user).

A bit more testing however hinted at all damping values range being off by a factor 3 to 5 (I would say). Meaning, the 'lowest' damping (giving the less resistance, so fast rebound, no resistance on compression) are more or less ok, but the highest damping (slowing rebound, high resistance to compression) could be 3 to 5 times more important.

Hope that helped, thanks again for the detailed reply earlier.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord