• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Deformation

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, July 15, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

July 15, 2018, 10:03:03 AM Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:33:55 PM by тғc
Hey hey..

Couple of suggestions for deformation for the future.

First one.. Would it be possible to change the rate of deformation per track instead of overall? This could be done in the track folder and if present in the track folder it could override the global setting. Perhaps you would still need an overriding server setting.. This could be done in the track folder INI..

Second.. It would also be nice to be able to change the deformation rate for the individual surface types within a track. This way we could make tracks that have a much wider spectrum of surfaces.

For example in track.tht:

material_layer3
{
material = sand
deformation_multiplier = 5
thickness = 0.05
mask = maps/track_mask2.tga
}

GDUBMX

Great ideas mate, combine that with the dozing effect and it could be the best deformation an mx game had seen.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

giopanda

This is absolutely a great idea!
Having the deformation rate material based instead of general would allow a wide range of possibilities!
Each material could have a rate (maybe min to max or just fixed) and regulated by a greyscale mask.
This to me would be perfect!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: giopanda on July 15, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
This is absolutely a great idea!
Having the deformation rate material based instead of general would allow a wide range of possibilities!
Each material could have a rate (maybe min to max or just fixed) and regulated by a greyscale mask.
This to me would be perfect!

Well each material does have a different deform rate.. My suggestion is to really have more control over that. Right now it might be that sand deforms at 50% and soil deforms st 20%.. My proposal is we should be able to change the rate for each material in the THT. But yeah, the cool part is that would be mask dependant ;) so you could have a different mask for corners and dips giving them greater ruts.

giopanda

Yeah that's what I was trying to say, having a mask (related to a number in the THT file) to set different rates inside the same material, for ruts as you suggested, for hard packed jump faces, braking bumps and stuff like that

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Cool, sorry if I misunderstood gio :)

Mace-x

great suggestions, still waiting on bulldozing effect tho, you wont have proper corner ruts without it.

i seriously think that this game has one of the best deformation sistems out there, in a proper racetrack with people using decent lines you can get some awesome results.

LastFriday

Where do I find this file to change the deformation?

GDUBMX

Quote from: Exotiks on July 16, 2018, 01:37:53 AM
Where do I find this file to change the deformation?

My docs/Piboso/mxbikes/ somewhere in there is a profile.ini in that file is a line under testing called deformation multiplier or something. It should be on 1 as stock.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Snappe

I hear you, but I'd rather set up the default surfaces to be more realistic. I know currently it's difficult to differentiate between soft soil and soil. This is mainly because a higher rate of deform would just take height out of the track and make ruts and holes that are too deep. However, when we start looking into soil displacement, we can address this problem.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Snappe on July 17, 2018, 04:55:19 PM
I hear you, but I'd rather set up the default surfaces to be more realistic. I know currently it's difficult to differentiate between soft soil and soil. This is mainly because a higher rate of deform would just take height out of the track and make ruts and holes that are too deep. However, when we start looking into soil displacement, we can address this problem.

Awesome to hear displacement is still on the cards.

taylorj326

hey guys! i need your help , when i am placing the ground deformation text into my profile ini and saving the loading mx bikes up its not working just wondering what i should do because its not working on any times not even 20 x  . Thankyou.