• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

any help on body control?

Started by RobinHoodUKIP, July 16, 2018, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinHoodUKIP

hay been playing around for about 5 or 6 hours so far, ive got a grasp on the basics of jumping ie load the rear to stop you rotating forward in the air, but it seems to only work half the time.
sometimes i pull back putting weight on rear while going up ramp and il get air and nice slow rotation to hit the down ramp perfectly, but other times the front wheel will go vertical and ive no idea why? sometimes loading the rear will not work or help at all and il get forward rotation making me crash on landing.
is there any sort of guide to controlling jumping as im finding it the most frustrating aspect of the sim.
also is there any changes/adjustments to body control that would help me, im on 360 controller?
settings.
direct lean 31%
min 0%
max 100%

lean.
deadzone 20%
linearity 50%
x smooth
press 25%
release 25%
gain 100%

RobinHoodUKIP

actually, i just DLed the oem mod pack and been testing the huski mx2 bike and its night and day transformation, its great, controllable and stable compared to the stock bikes, so another question i have now is, is the reason that the stock bikes are unstable because of setups that can be adjusted or are the stock bikes just crap.
sorry for so many noob questions, just want to have a better understanding of the game/sim.
thanks.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: RobinHoodUKIP on July 16, 2018, 04:12:45 PM
actually, i just DLed the oem mod pack and been testing the huski mx2 bike and its night and day transformation, its great, controllable and stable compared to the stock bikes, so another question i have now is, is the reason that the stock bikes are unstable because of setups that can be adjusted or are the stock bikes just crap.
sorry for so many noob questions, just want to have a better understanding of the game/sim.
thanks.
setup makes a large difference. if i dont feel like tuning a bike to the track, i just go down 2 on preload for front and rear and one up on the spring in the rear and it feels like it tracks better and is more predictable

𝖙𝖋𝖈

First of all make sure you're not using auto rider lean in the simulation tab. Then try hitting jumps without any forward or backward lean, and make sure you throttle off the lip as you would IRL.

Snappe

Quote from: тғc on July 17, 2018, 12:00:27 PM
First of all make sure you're not using auto rider lean in the simulation tab

Actually that won't help as it only controls the auto L/R lean. The rider F/B motion is always self-balancing that is overridden by user input.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Snappe on July 17, 2018, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: тғc on July 17, 2018, 12:00:27 PM
First of all make sure you're not using auto rider lean in the simulation tab

Actually that won't help as it only controls the auto L/R lean. The rider F/B motion is always self-balancing that is overridden by user input.

Interesting thanks :)