• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Does leaning actually help you turn?

Started by CSchmied986, July 30, 2018, 05:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that leaning does not affect cornering? I would think if you leaned into a corner you could turn sharper, but that does not seem to be the case.  ???

GDUBMX

Nope leaning doesn't do anything, even weighting the outside peg doesn't really do anything. I was recently teaching someone how to ride in mxb and told them to just use the rider left and right lean for controlling the bike in the air and for scrubbing etc. Its not needed on ground
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Wedgewood

I've found that they do indeed help you turn,  leaning towards the outside will give you much more traction coming out of the turn than not doing so and will also keep the bike a bit more stable.  Just like IRL the difference isn't huge until you're riding at an advanced level, then you'll notice laptimes will get lower as you master body position.

Since stability is now set at 100% by default, it may be overriding certain lean inputs in order to keep the rider more stable.

CSchmied986

I've tried both leaning into corners, leaning forward, and not leaning at all, but I've noticed no change in speed at all. I just don't get how some people (one in particular) can go like 6 seconds a lap faster. I feel like I push as hard as possible for how much I can turn. But obviously physics among other things are still a serious problem for this game.

iNsane

Quote from: NorCal 986 on July 31, 2018, 09:19:30 AM
I've tried both leaning into corners, leaning forward, and not leaning at all, but I've noticed no change in speed at all. I just don't get how some people (one in particular) can go like 6 seconds a lap faster. I feel like I push as hard as possible for how much I can turn. But obviously physics among other things are still a serious problem for this game.

*cough* Sandy *cough*

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Wedgewood

There is a new setting called "rider tracking" which i believe might be auto lean.  If you have this setting enabled you cannot use manual lean and you can confirm this by using 3rd person camera.  If you uncheck this setting you will enable manual leaning and will get  all the benefits from it.

Wedgewood

Quote from: iNsane on July 31, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

*cough* Sandy *cough*

The difference is in stability and tire grip, which in turn if used correctly can generate more speed.  if you sit and  lean to the outside of a turn while on the turn exit you can get a massive drive while keeping the bike tracking straight and avoiding the rear from swapping back and forth, without counter leaning the bike will not track straight and will continue to lean into the straight causing you to give less throttle in order to control the trajectory.  If you practice leaning enough you will find a big difference in control-ability.

Asdrael

Leaning on a 250f is optional. On a 450f, you won't manage decent laptimes (read: faster than a 250f) if you don't work on your body position. At least that's what I see when trying to push on RedBud (I'm going almst 2 full seconds faster a lap on a 450f now, but it's more work).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: iNsane on July 31, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

*cough* Sandy *cough*
I think I do have left / right lean bound to my right joystick (which also has front / back lean), and use it to stabilize my bike without really thinking about it. There was a time that I hadn't bound my left / right lean to any button, not sure if that's still the case.

CSchmied986

For me I lean opposite direction in corners and have no problem with traction or stability, my problem is that I just literally can't lean any further to get through the corner faster. I'm guessing Sandy is just really good at keeping momentum with the limited lean angle.

Wedgewood

Quote from: NorCal 986 on July 31, 2018, 07:24:24 PM
For me I lean opposite direction in corners and have no problem with traction or stability, my problem is that I just literally can't lean any further to get through the corner faster. I'm guessing Sandy is just really good at keeping momentum with the limited lean angle.

Lowering the Stability help will let you to turn in a little more but will cause the front end to wash out easier.  I'm using it at 90% and I find it to be a perfect.  Lowering stability also gives a little quicker throttle response.

CSchmied986

I actually run 70 for mine. What's Sandy run?  ;) I think as far speed goes, Sandy is by far the fastest, Santos is probably second, and me and a couple others make up the top 5, but if anyone "cough" has any tips on getting more speed, it would be awesome if you would share! 8)

The only tip I have to offer is that I modified my controls so both of my Turn and Lean are on the left stick, but I reverse the axis so when I turn one direction, my body leans the opposite direction. I have found this to make the handling better and more consistent. But that may not work for you.

joao santos 17

I have 100 stability dont even try to modify that and play like mxsim and automatic left right lean

Ruubs

Quote from: NorCal 986 on August 01, 2018, 06:15:33 AM
I actually run 70 for mine. What's Sandy run?  ;) I think as far speed goes, Sandy is by far the fastest, Santos is probably second, and me and a couple others make up the top 5, but if anyone "cough" has any tips on getting more speed, it would be awesome if you would share! 8)

The only tip I have to offer is that I modified my controls so both of my Turn and Lean are on the left stick, but I reverse the axis so when I turn one direction, my body leans the opposite direction. I have found this to make the handling better and more consistent. But that may not work for you.
Stability help is the slider you can't change in game right? That one is at 100 for me. I don't cheat. ;)

Braapsta969

Yo, turn your direct steer to 0% and you'll notice a huge difference; it'll take a while to get used to. Maybe you already did this though, helped me take corners more aggressively & I lap faster now, I still wash out though. 
B969