• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:02:26 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Fonts and protections

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, October 03, 2014, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey guys,

Didn't wanna fill the paint topic with stuff that isn't a release..

Any chance we can skin the protections? can these be included in the template?

Also, can you please tell us how to install custom fonts?

Thanks  :D

[GH]Cody

what are the fonts suppost to be? and i dont belive we can currently

jbrandmx85

there is an option on the in-game menu for different fonts. im sure they can be changed, its just figuring out what folders to make and what kind of files to put in them

GDUBMX

thats what im doing now, any ideas?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ive tried loads of combos, cant get em to show up..  You can extract the numbers from the bike pkz in the mx bikes root

But I did notice that it only shows rider font options in the bike menu.. Maybe you can only change rider font atm

GDUBMX

October 04, 2014, 10:39:51 PM #5 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:41:40 PM by gdubmx
ive managed to change the colour by inverting the original font tga's. god knows how to change the bike one tho, thats the one i really wanna do
EDIT: Look in the bikes folder, its called plate.tga    have fun!

GDUBMX

hmm, cant really seem to do anything with it without it looking messed up. i managed to simply shorten the text height resulting in better front plate placement but thats about it. hopefully one of you guys will figure it out.

lebclem

If you extract the rider.pkz , there's a FONT folder.
May be we can do something with that.

onlyonetone

You have to you're own full set of fonts. All the numbers and all the letters. He mentioned how to do this in another thread. I'll try to find it real fast.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Where did you go tone? lol

I tried to find it, I'm sure I saw how to do it a while back but cant find the post either...

GDUBMX

onlyonetone

Thanks Dub. I'm at work and didn't have enough time.

MXK_cdub85

any luck with fonts yet? I've followed the folder branching from the link you posted gdub. tried a bunch of different name structures and file formats. I'm obviously missing something obvious.

jbrandmx85

From the way I understand, its just like numbers in mxsim, you have to make them. You cant just add a font file.

MXK_cdub85

Correct, that's what piboso described. I tried .tga and .bmp with various naming options. I even unpacked the rider.pkz, found the default font and named it just like that. It still isn't showing up. There's a stepim missing somewhere.