• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:05:31 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, August 29, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Yes the stock shift timing is set at 0.3s. I tried lowering the value but then it sometimes won't shift.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Question: how should the parameter "DisengageMaxTorque" be understood? I used the recommended value on 2 different bikes and it feels vastly different. Not sure if it's due to the primary drive ratio or something else.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Feedback from what I could see playing with stock bikes:

• First of all, thanks for the short time between beta. Really much better for the community and allows us to give you more focused feedback.

• Netcode: while riding it is MUCH better. It's not perfect by any mean as the smoothness seems to be directly and strongly dependent on ping difference. I would say anything about 100 ping is shit. But when we had good condition (3-4 players on sub 50 ping), the experience was really really great. When someone was riding with above 100-150 ping (that would make a 150 ping difference to me on this server), we started to see warping again, with occasional warping into the ground. Not sure if it's ping difference or packet-loss related. So definitely a step in the right direction. Never seen a server with more than 10 people on it though, let's see if we break that this weekend.

• On connection: When a client connects to the server you are riding on, you might warp by a couple of meters. Very disturbing experience.

• Still on connection: Still syncing for ages, even with a stock bike server. And I have a beefy computer and internet connection. There is something weird there. Also, how is the loading done? Are you loading all possible model for your server upfront and calling them when people log on? I would say it would make more sense to speed things up to go back to a phantom model, but have 1 phantom model for ALL bikes. Then you load the model when you go back to the pits (so as it used to be, but just force 1 phantom model for all and don't let modders change that).

• On collision: There is an issue with the collision boxes. It almost feels like the wheels don't collide into other wheels, so the bike frame is the thing colliding first. Which can end up in the collision spheres getting entangled.

• Gearbox: I really really like the gearbox change. Adds a layer of choice to your riding. I would even say the value of 120 could be lower, still kinda easy to shift under close to max load. The Shift Help is slow as hell tho :p But I'll stress this: we need audio feedback when miss-shifting. When you do it IRL it really is a loud grinding gear sound. In game currently there is no audio cue, so you either have to play it ultra safe (slower than the Shift Help) or play with the gear indicator on. Something like the Start sound, same kind of pitch, but faster would do the trick really.

• Physics: I still think the bike is bottoming out way too much at all suspension settings, and that the setting range is not large enough. We need to be able to add way more damping and tune the rebound much more (both + and -).
All in all, great update. I think this was the leap we needed, now we need the small increments. You can add what I typed in your Steam suggestion thread and I think we are close to a decent release.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

tosteetos

I like the update but... what happened to shifting!? why fix what wasn't broken? I can understand the sim factor, but don't forget about the fun factor! If shift help was intended to take place of the old way of shifting it isn't working in the same fashion. :(

Wedgewood

For some reason my computer won't extract bikez.pkz or tracks.pkz.  I get a CRC error and it won't install or let me manually unpack it.  Could someone please upload a copy of those files to my Onedrive account at this link ? https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuGm8oOXd96nsJonXP8MV-MOyfYewQ
Thanks in Advance.

Twitch135

Quote from: Wedgewood on September 02, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
For some reason my computer won't extract bikez.pkz or tracks.pkz.  I get a CRC error and it won't install or let me manually unpack it.  Could someone please upload a copy of those files to my Onedrive account at this link ? https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuGm8oOXd96nsJonXP8MV-MOyfYewQ
Thanks in Advance.
Hey man I tried sharing those files but one drive wont accept it unless I compress which defeats the purpose since you can't extract. Are you using win.rar to open the .pkz? If not use that it's free.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Wedgewood

Quote from: Twitch135 on September 02, 2018, 06:42:35 PM
Quote from: Wedgewood on September 02, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
Thanks in Advance.
Hey man I tried sharing those files but one drive wont accept it unless I compress which defeats the purpose since you can't extract. Are you using win.rar to open the .pkz? If not use that it's free.

I've tried Winrar and 7zip,  the problem seems to be with my PC as I can't even extract B8, which I was able to when it first came out.  I get a corrupted setup error when I try to run the .exe , and a failed due to CRC when I try to extract manually but only on the bikes.pkz and tracks.pkz .  As a workaround I used the files that I have installed from b8 but I'm sure I'll be missing out on the bike enhancements from b9.  Maybe if it's not too much trouble could you extract the folders from the .pkz's and then zip it as a .zip or .rar and upload it in that form?  It's the only other way I can think of to get it working.

Asdrael

Why do you want to do this though? There is zero reason to extract the .pkz.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

iNsane

Quote from: Asdrael on September 02, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

Well I have to say, after updating I Had the endless syncing Screen. After i unpacked the rider and bikes.pkz I have no Problems anymore

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Wedgewood

Quote from: Wedgewood on September 03, 2018, 01:45:05 AM
Quote from: Asdrael on September 02, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

I'm having a PC problem which won't allow me to install the game,  I get a File Corrupt error when i run the installer.  When I try to manually unpack the .exe with 7zip or Winrar I can extract all files except for bikes.pkz and tracks.pkz which prevents me from playing the game.  When I try to extract bikes.pkz or tracks.pkz it returns with a CRC error and won't extract from the .exe installer.  Within the bikes.pkz and tracks.pkz are folders carrying the same name which can be used in place of the .pkz files.  I was asking if someone could please upload those folders(bikes and tracks found within bikes.pkz and tracks.pkz) to my Onedrive account linked above.  This is an attempt to work around the error I am getting trying to extract the data.  This is my only option as I can't contact support because it seems to be a PC problem and not a problem with the installer itself.

Ruubs

Suggestion about lean and tear-off mechanics.
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2323.0

Also:
The netcode is a lot smoother, but it seems like everyone is further behind than they actually are. As you can see in Gdub's video, which you can find below, it looks like I ran him over from behind, while on my screen I 200% passed him on the braking bumps right before the corner. I've had a lot of these funky things happen to me since Beta 9. Always getting the holeshot myself, but when watching someone's video, they get the hole shot. And no, that is definitely not a FOV problem.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Yq-xQLU8XCc
12:40 - On my screen, InSane got the holeshot and Gdub punt me from behind. In Gdub's video, Gdub himself clearly got the holeshot.
23:45 - I was well on my way when Gdub punt me from behind again. On Gdub's video, I was barely moving and Gdub only touched my front-wheel.
24:00 - I passed Gdub on the braking bumps and got into the turn in front of him. On Gdub's video, Gdub was in front of me while entering the turn and I rode straight through him in the turn itself.

PiBoSo

September 05, 2018, 10:54:27 PM #56 Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:09:31 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Sandbiter on September 05, 2018, 06:44:05 PM
The netcode is a lot smoother, but it seems like everyone is further behind than they actually are. As you can see in Gdub's video, which you can find below, it looks like I ran him over from behind, while on my screen I 200% passed him on the braking bumps right before the corner. I've had a lot of these funky things happen to me since Beta 9. Always getting the holeshot myself, but when watching someone's video, they get the hole shot. And no, that is definitely not a FOV problem.

These issues are due to the netcode changes that favour smoothness over accuracy.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I don't mean to sound like a little b***h, but every time I'm in a race I have to leave.

No matter what happens, I get taken out several times by others. It doesn't matter who hits who, it's always me who goes down. Very frustrating :(

Mace-x

Quote from: тғc on September 10, 2018, 10:02:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like a little b***h, but every time I'm in a race I have to leave.

No matter what happens, I get taken out several times by others. It doesn't matter who hits who, it's always me who goes down. Very frustrating :(

ask the guys who always got dragged  :'(

PizzaChet

Quote from: тғc on September 10, 2018, 10:02:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like a little b***h
I was surprised how easily you were rattled and quit on me recently lol. I was taken out on the start and later you were down when I hit your bike. Then we both got stuck on the jump face and that was it for you. C'mon man! You gotta have thicker skin than that mate! I'm so used to being taken out, down or lapped that I just stay for the duration and get the practice in. You're not a little bitch, maybe just a diva lol.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.