Author Topic: Live Timing  (Read 3736 times)

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Live Timing
« on: October 04, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
It is possible to connect to a dedicated server to receive live race data.
Only 1 client can connect to the server.

Communication is made with UDP sockets and strings terminated with "\n".

Send "CONNECT" followed by the connection password ( empty string if no password ).
Reply:
OK -> connected
FULL -> another client is already connected
WRONGPASSWORD -> wrong password

Send "START" to start receiving data.
Data format is "MSG" followed by the message ID and then a stream of strings.
Send "ACK" followed by the message ID after each MSG.

Send "KEEPALIVE" every 15 seconds to keep the connection active.
The server sends "ALIVE" to report that the connection is active.

Send "DISCONNECT" to correctly close the connection.

Niko Mouk

• View Profile
    • MoukLab
Re: Live Timing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
This is a bit blur,
Do you have an exemple somewhere to allow me doing something like I did here : MXS LiveTiming
If you like my work, you can give me a donation :)

PizzaChet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
Speaking of timing, I ran a bunch of laps online on Holjes on the SM bike and I don't see my time up there. I've done several sessions, some alone. I do see my times for Forest and Practice Track Short however.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:33:04 PM by PizzaChet »

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »
This is a bit blur,
Do you have an exemple somewhere to allow me doing something like I did here : MXS LiveTiming

Could you be a bit more specific? I just started trying around with this, maybe I can help.
What have you tried so far? And what did you have to do to get your site to work with MXS? (By the way your link doesn't work as it is.)

Niko Mouk

• View Profile
    • MoukLab
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:34:10 AM »
Yep I inverted 2 letters, it's http://mxs-concept.com/livetiming/

I don't understand the way you can receive, for my livetiming on mxsimulator I think the strategy is totally different, the game server is writting a text file with all info as they come (rider 2 pass the second checkpoint for exemple) and I'm reading into that file.
Next at the end of the race a command send this file where I want to decode it and display championship results ie.

Steven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
Ah ok, here you have to connect to the server that sends the information (track, players, split times and so on) to you. UDP is used for that.
I don't know about your "qualifications". Are you just looking for some example code or how to do it at all?

Niko Mouk

• View Profile
    • MoukLab
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 02:23:15 PM »
Maybe I have to understand if it will needed or not for the races and championships we will do. At the moment I think I'll focus myself on track making as the game is a bit poor at this level.  ;)

Umpossible

• Umpossible Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 10:26:14 AM »
Can anybody help me with this? I'm looking to get live timing off of the Weekend Warriors FLCS2 server. Preferably, if it's possible I would love to be able to connect and download all the information from the server over the past week that it's been running but I doubt that's possible, or i could say that it's probably umpossible haha. 

iNsane | WeekendWarriors

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 11:26:42 AM »
Can anybody help me with this? I'm looking to get live timing off of the Weekend Warriors FLCS2 server. Preferably, if it's possible I would love to be able to connect and download all the information from the server over the past week that it's been running but I doubt that's possible, or i could say that it's probably umpossible haha.

well I didn't even enabled live in my server config file tbh., never saw a reasonable point behind that

Edit // enabled it now but I can't even connect to the port i defined there, dunno
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:31:01 AM by iNsane »

Your place for MX Bikes mods -> here