• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Helmet Cam Bug? (BETA8)

Started by Braapsta969, August 14, 2018, 09:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braapsta969

Hey Ladies & Gents, yesterday I purchased this game & I've already become fairly acquainted with a multitude of options; yet, the helmet cam & other possible (IRL Type) cams will not work properly
for me.. I have looked into a helmet mod (Thor Replicas by Yann) and ran 2 laps with it, went to replay to get some edits in BUT, if the category for Helmet Cam is "GoPro Hero4" it will always be pointing down-wards towards my bars? Even the default Helmet Cam 2 seems to be "blocked" by the cam itself.. almost like it's projecting the view from in-behind the cam... other then Camera issues
i've been having a time & WHAT THE HELL BOYS, where is everyone??? I've been waiting for someone to jump into the World lobby.
B969

Asdrael

Every helmet has its own set of cameras I think. It's up to the modders to make them work properly. That's why you might have been having issues.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Braapsta969

Even default helmet cams are "fcky" second cam (cam mounted on top) seems to be blocked by itself or something? Like, i'll hit the replay & go to secondary top-mounted cam & bam, it's black for some reason... i've tried lowering my FOV from 110.. notta', I tried lowering/raising my Tilt/Pitch but, to no avail - it's not a hugely concerning issue but I regularly go into my replay to see what I could have done better/improved on (i'm sure many other MXBikers do the same thing as-well, it's so satisfying watching a gnarly whip you've pulled in slo-mo) sometimes i'd like to see helmet cams though Rael... by the way, i've seen vids of people with a cam that is sort-of to the side of the rider, it's almost like a "Steady-Cam" shot; no clue if it's been taken out of Beta 8 or it's just an odd happening on my game? Anyway, i'm enjoying the hell out of this game & i've been looking through the community & it seems to be a very welcoming & inviting one.
Any clues on when/if races or leagues will be going down? I'm just getting my training in HEAVY for when a league or something is established... Thanks anyway Rael for the modded helmet tid-bit! back to the races I go.
B969

PizzaChet

Quote from: braapsta969 on August 15, 2018, 12:01:20 AMAny clues on when/if races or leagues will be going down? I'm just getting my training in HEAVY for when a league or something is established.
This is about to start up soon....
index.php?topic=2286.msg32471#msg32471      

There's also the Fast Lap Challenge Series starting it's 3rd season...     http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2285.0 

Work is currently being done on "netcode" to improve online play. Until then these are it for "official" competition. You occasionally find others in servers though for a pickup race or such.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Braapsta969

1st link is down Chet, i'm interested in the FLC for sure - gonna look into it more; thanks!
B969

PiBoSo

Quote from: braapsta969 on August 15, 2018, 12:01:20 AM
Even default helmet cams are "fcky" second cam (cam mounted on top) seems to be blocked by itself or something? Like, i'll hit the replay & go to secondary top-mounted cam & bam, it's black for some reason...

Thank you for the report.

Braapsta969

No problemo PiBo; I got one question that's been poking at my side - Is MXBikes a singular man project or do you have a team as-well?
I know Asdrael may/may not be the skinning counter-part; you're the physics guy? or was that Rael? lmfao, so much to learn about you friendly folks.
B969

PizzaChet

Snappe and PiBoSo are the only acknowledged "employees". There is an army of content contributors, however. Too many to list since I'm on break.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Braapsta969

Ah, alright - thanks man; the more ya know.
B969

PizzaChet

Braapsta969

Lmfao nailed it bud - let's get some greasy races goin' - Hit RedBud with a few brewski's and a 450/250, the 125's are tamer then a knocked out horse.
B969

PizzaChet

The Alta is an effortless ride too! What's your time zone? I'm Pacific time. Will be on Sat morning for sure.