• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:19 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, August 29, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PizzaChet on September 11, 2018, 08:15:35 AM
Quote from: тғc on September 10, 2018, 10:02:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like a little b***h
I was surprised how easily you were rattled and quit on me recently lol. I was taken out on the start and later you were down when I hit your bike. Then we both got stuck on the jump face and that was it for you. C'mon man! You gotta have thicker skin than that mate! I'm so used to being taken out, down or lapped that I just stay for the duration and get the practice in. You're not a little bitch, maybe just a diva lol.

It just gets old. That wasn't the only time. Also I'm normally on for a whole practice, a race starts just as I'm thinking about stopping anyway, then the whole getting taken out thing happens.

It doesn't seem intentional, it just doesn't matter how it happens I ALWAYS come off worse. If I've banged bars with someone 30 times in b9 I've gone down 30 times. Simple as that, it's not fun anymore.

Ruubs

Quote from: тғc on September 11, 2018, 06:38:11 PM
I was surprised how easily you were rattled and quit on me recently lol. I was taken out on the start and later you were down when I hit your bike. Then we both got stuck on the jump face and that was it for you. C'mon man! You gotta have thicker skin than that mate! I'm so used to being taken out, down or lapped that I just stay for the duration and get the practice in. You're not a little bitch, maybe just a diva lol.

It just gets old. That wasn't the only time. Also I'm normally on for a whole practice, a race starts just as I'm thinking about stopping anyway, then the whole getting taken out thing happens.

It doesn't seem intentional, it just doesn't matter how it happens I ALWAYS come off worse. If I've banged bars with someone 30 times in b9 I've gone down 30 times. Simple as that, it's not fun anymore.
That's because of the 'smoothness over accuracy'. My post where I linked Gdub's video explains it.

Even though online looks better now, the overall online experience is worse now.

PizzaChet

The same thing goes for me in MX Sim. I have a real hard time running a complete lap. Plus, so many little kids in there that think takeouts are the way to go that it's basically the norm. I stopped getting mad years ago. Dead last FTW lol.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

bcantrell1

Overall online game play is worse now?  ::)
Hmm i am not sure if you guys are becoming as toxic as the sim community or what....
But the online game play is much better than it was and the proof is that people are playing online...
Just saying I think no matter what with communities like this any little negative will out weight the positives 10x

CSchmied986

Toxic as the sim community? I'm guessing you don't have much experience with either... And online gameplay is not a "little negative". With any online game, besides physics, online is the only thing that matters, and it either works or it doesn't. I'm not saying the online changes are better or worse than before, I'm just saying it doesn't work. Until it's smooth and predictable, it is a massive problem for this game and it's future.

PizzaChet

My observation is that the warping and vanishing is way better and the collisions are more the problem now. Still moving forward with each beta! Keep it rollin' !
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nobody said online gameplay is worse now. I was pointing out that I'm experiencing a specific problem, it's a beta after all, if nobody points out problems then problems don't get fixed.

Ruubs

September 12, 2018, 06:39:40 PM #67 Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:42:45 PM by Sandbiter
Quote from: тғc on September 12, 2018, 06:35:05 PM
Nobody said online gameplay is worse now.
Neither did I. I said the online experience is worse now.

Even though it looks better. There's no way to know what's going to happen when battleling with someone. Most of the time you'll get run over or get dragged around half of the track in beta 9 without a clear indication of what happend. The experience I've had online in beta 9 is worse than beta 8.

bcantrell1

Maybe you forgot about beta 8. You know, where the other riders were a slideshow across the track...
Ill say its an improvement to say the least. Collision issues with racing games is always an issues. Plus
the daily dev page already posted something about accuracy improvements.

Anyhow I was responding to when you actually did say that the online game play is worse...

Quote from: Sandbiter on September 11, 2018, 07:30:11 PM
Quote from: тғc on September 11, 2018, 06:38:11 PM

That's because of the 'smoothness over accuracy'. My post where I linked Gdub's video explains it.

Even though online looks better now, the overall online experience is worse now.