• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:44 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thoughts on content

Started by HotFootSteel, October 18, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotFootSteel

Found this on a forum, Would a donation goal help get more mods out on MX bikes?

Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I've really paid attention to this community, usually just joining the discords my friends are in and getting linked the quality stuff people have been releasing. While there has been a handful of great sets of gear and stock bikes, the lack of sharing the proper tools for more quality content creation is kind of sad. I understand the time and effort put into modeling, as most of my friends back in the day were the ones creating the best content for the game, but those guys didn't have this millennial sense of entitlement. They were creating things to make the best Motocross game better. All of the videos you guys watched before purchasing the game, that was content created for FREE by highschool/college students, learning how to apply these tools to the real world. If you understand how to model you can take this much further then just making replicated bikes for an internet community.

If you guys really feel the need to be compensated solely for your time (because you're using a free program or ripped), then set a donation goal.

For example:

If we hit $XXX the PSD will be released to the public!

Some of you may remember old MXvsATV mods (REV), and the direction Messiah was trying to take the game.. For those who don't, it killed a community.

It's 2018 lets make sim great again. And please discuss below, would love to hear others opinions.

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

CSchmied986

All the mods and tracks will come IF the physics and netcode ever get where they need to be, there will not be much of a community until that day.

Asdrael

What NorCal said. And better tools (or at least documentation) to make mods.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord