• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:40:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Deformation

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 21, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey Pib / Snappe,

This is a long term request, something I think is sorely needed.

For a long time it's felt like bulldozing soil has been on the cards for a future update. While I think this is a much needed feature I also think deformation needs looking at in general.

Right now I think it's too hard. It takes one bike going over the same spot time and time again to make a few inches of rut that feels like hard concrete to ride in.

In reality, say on a freshly turned soil track, it takes 20 odd riders a good 10 laps taking one line in a corner to build a bermed rut. At least something solid you can use.. On other parts of the track you might get the odd tough rut but on the whole they will be mostly superficial and easy to plough through.

Right now it's too solid. I think bulldozing is necessary but I think with that the ground needs to deform faster and be more malleable. It can be less malleable as time goes on or as the rut gets deeper.

This would really set it apart from other deformation engines in my opinion.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Umpossible

+1

But also, is there a list of different soil types available in the game? The only ones I know And have used are: soil, soft soil, compact soil, sand, grass and gravel. I haven't tried mud but I presume that can be used to?

yan24

February 04, 2019, 08:35:44 PM #3 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:49:51 PM by PiBoSo
Hello everyone,
Piboso watched this video as an example for ruts.
Google translation

https://www.youtube.com/v/c6GxORBNFU0

FryedroPonics

pretty sure i just got hacked from that last comment.. lol but i agree with this post %100