• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:15:41 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta10

Started by PiBoSo, November 22, 2018, 06:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pestelol

Hello Piboso,
thx for this update B10.
This new option"help lean" confusing me, I have never played simulating games before; could you give me an universal adjustment for this option?
thanks for your help.

geo

It doesn't appear auto sit works?

The rider always stands

loinen

November 23, 2018, 02:05:13 PM #17 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:09:54 PM by loinen
Quote from: geo on November 23, 2018, 01:51:57 AM
That front end still seems way too easy to lose and not sure what can be done for it to be more forgiving. Still just pile drives you to ground with no forgiveness upon slightest mistake.

i saw some guys complaining about front end or wonky physics in prev betas and now. i would like to say. tbh, i dont find any serious frontend issues since beta9 - if you do lean too fast or too low for some surfaces or doing something against forces affecting bike, than you may fall. extreme front brake using also may cause crashes. when i saw youtubers complaing about such things, i watched their bike control and it was obvious for me: they do not feel the virtual rider behavior, do not feel the track, braking technique. it seems MXBikes physics is much more complicated than the mx games we used to play, imo you guys dont know all the variety of situations and how to act in these situations. i can ride stable laps on rutted tracks or Highpoint which seems even unridable to some ppl. during last fun event on Glen Helen where 1st race was on very broken surface I fell sometimes (not often really) but only if i: a) too relaxed; b) lost attention to track; c) tried new tricks; d) track has constant textures, sometimes i couldnt detect changes well. for me the physics is not that unstable at least on stock bikes, i do not ride oems coz server is never connecting with them due to my low specs pc.

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Ruubs

Quote from: Pestelol on November 23, 2018, 12:04:41 PM
Hello Piboso,
thx for this update B10.
This new option"help lean" confusing me, I have never played simulating games before; could you give me an universal adjustment for this option?
thanks for your help.
I assume you use a controller, don't you?

Since you're saying you've never played a simulator before, you're probably used to left stick all the way to the left or right, to lean. The trick in simulators is, getting used to not jerking the left stick all the way left or right. Try riding around a few laps and only using half of the amount your stick can go. It won't feel much different than previous betas.

Quote from: loinen on November 23, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
i saw some guys complaining about front end or wonky physics in prev betas and now. i would like to say. tbh, i dont find any serious frontend issues since beta9 - if you do lean too fast or too low for some surfaces or doing something against forces affecting bike, than you may fall. extreme front brake using also may cause crashes. when i saw youtubers complaing about such things, i watched their bike control and it was obvious for me: they do not feel the virtual rider behavior, do not feel the track, braking technique. it seems MXBikes physics is much more complicated than the mx games we used to play, imo you guys dont know all the variety of situations and how to act in these situations. i can ride stable laps on rutted tracks or Highpoint which seems even unridable to some ppl. during last fun event on Glen Helen where 1st race was on very broken surface I fell sometimes (not often really) but only if i: a) too relaxed; b) lost attention to track; c) tried new tricks; d) track has constant textures, sometimes i couldnt detect changes well. for me the physics is not that unstable at least on stock bikes, i do not ride oems coz server is never connecting with them due to my low specs pc.
Exactly my thoughts. Too many people say the physics are bugged, while they're actually riding like in an arcade game or Mx Simulator. Yes Mx Sim is realistic, but compared to Mx Bikes it is still arcade-ish in my opinion.

Off course there are still a few weird bugs present, but most of the issues people have it straight up lack of control over the bike.

Asdrael

Lean Help On: your controller lean input will be limited to what the game deems the "maximum lean angle to ensure grip", usually around 45° or so on a flat surface - or to the normal of the terrain. So giving a 100% input might only make you lean slightly, because the bike thinks leaning too much would 100% not work out.

Lean Help Off: your controller lean input = your in game lean. No virtual limitations. Regardless of terrain and grip. So you can "overlean" and tip over, flopping like a wet banana skin on a rainy day. But you can also induce and control sliding much much better than way.

I can't stop thinking this is awesome. I was pulling some pretty nasty power slides, recovering from front end locks, and doing some double wheel sliding into a berm yesterday after an hour or 2 of training with lean help off. It also makes rider L/R and F/B lean much more important.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Bit more feedback about playing online and trying different things. Pointing out some negatives, or rather, stuff that you need to improve on now, since you already know that lean help off and spectating were really needed and turned out awesome.

Online play:
  • Server hosting on tracks you don't have still don't appear. They need to show up in red, so you know which track to DL to join the fun.
  • on connection of another client, you sometimes warp forward.
Stability of the program
  • New crashes have been introduced: when you fall on a thin object (fence), the game crashes to desktop (no message). Seems to be due to the thin object being caught between the new hit boxes.
General handling
  • With lean assist off, the bike seems to respond too slowly the first 50% of the input and too fast the other half. Linearity at 150% feels much better already and should be the stock setting.
  • The rear tyre is OP. It grips too much both longitudinally and laterally. Full throttle should make you spin more easily, and leaning with some throttle input should make you go sideways more easily BUT not do a 180 like it does now. The rear needs less overall grip around it's neutral position, more lateral grip at extreme angles. Much more obvious with lean help off, and even more on 450f.
Hope that helps.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Syd

Impressive! The fun factor has now increased 200%! I didn't realise how restrictive it was before, but now, without lean help, so many things are achievable that I couldn't manage before (I'm not that much of an offroad rider). It is a little awkward at first adjusting to limiting the lean yourself rather banging full left / right, but soon get used to it. And now when I do crash, I know why and am happy about it! I can't stop practicing, very addictive now.
Brill Beta. Thanks!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 24, 2018, 11:55:33 PM #24 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:57:24 PM by тғc
One problem I've had in B9 and also now in B10 is there seems to be some real out of sync thing going on between players.

In the video below, I passed Phil only to get taken out. I asked him right away and he said he didn't see me. I understand if the engine didn't have this bug and I'd pulled this on Phil, I'd still be asking to get taken out  :P

https://www.youtube.com/v/uqOz8ix-1ec&feature=youtu.be

Anothe problem I've been having is to do with when people join. It's a lottery whether one of three things happens.

1. My screen freezes for 2 - 3 seconds and when it comes back I'm in a fence.
2. Nothing happens when they join, but 3 - 4 seconds later I jump forward 20 feet on the track somehow.
3. Neither 1. or 2. happen, I ride as normal, but I get severe input lag from my controller. Everything feels dull and unresponsive.

philiaN

Wow, i watched it in replay and you were 2m the whole time behind me, but suddenly you crashed :D and i dragged your bike with me

geo

November 25, 2018, 01:39:35 AM #26 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:45:08 AM by geo
Well.....my weekend with kiddos and haven't tried online, but apparently it seems we're not ready for a series  ::)

Edit and info: I turned gain down just a bit on lean and found I can slam my sticks the way I want, but ride smooth ;)

CSchmied986

Any reason why mods are not showing up for me in b10? So far the lean change is nice, maybe an adjustable lean angle would be good?!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geo on November 25, 2018, 01:39:35 AM
Well.....my weekend with kiddos and haven't tried online, but apparently it seems we're not ready for a series  ::)

Edit and info: I turned gain down just a bit on lean and found I can slam my sticks the way I want, but ride smooth ;)

Hey Geo, how'd you turn the gain down. I'm not able to check right now but the option is greyed out in game.. is this in the ini or something?

iNsane

Quote from: NorCal 986 on November 25, 2018, 06:04:20 AM
Any reason why mods are not showing up for me in b10? So far the lean change is nice, maybe an adjustable lean angle would be good?!

you have to renew your core.ini and insert your mod folder ^^

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal