• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:49:45 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta10

Started by PiBoSo, November 22, 2018, 06:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo

Quote from: тғc on November 25, 2018, 09:14:51 AM
Quote from: geo on November 25, 2018, 01:39:35 AM
Well.....my weekend with kiddos and haven't tried online, but apparently it seems we're not ready for a series  ::)

Edit and info: I turned gain down just a bit on lean and found I can slam my sticks the way I want, but ride smooth ;)

Hey Geo, how'd you turn the gain down. I'm not able to check right now but the option is greyed out in game.. is this in the ini or something?

I have SteelSeries Stratus XL controller. In the engine you have so much control over your controller :) Can adjust sensitivity, but also the max value of stick movement (essentially gain).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ah that's a shame.

PiBoSo, why is there no option to adjust 'Gain' on leaning?

geo

November 26, 2018, 12:08:58 AM #32 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:13:32 AM by geo
Well, it's not a shame really ;) lol

It's kinda like putting your own customized lean help in game. Can really dial it in for your control needs.

I am really enjoying mxb more now.

Thank God my wife took my Xbox elite controller and I got this after divorce!!! Haha

Edit: I am actually finding (other than buttons) to keep everything on default in mxb and adjust sticks and triggers in the controller engine instead. Way more precise and just different than doing through mxb.

mcdaddymacswag712

can someone help me everytime i open the track or push anybuttons my game crashes it just freezes for a second and the game shuts down

rc4187

Just dropping in to say great work here! I love Beta 10. it's really good. Thank you for continuing to put the effort into this project and I really hope it's doing well for you guys.

OttoRocket76

New to MXBikes community. Has anyone else had trouble downloading the Mods for bikes, tracks, etc since the 10 Beta download? I'd rather not have to go back and download everything again unless I really HAVE too. ANy help would be much appreciated too!

Thanks!

GDUBMX

Quote from: OttoRocket76 on November 28, 2018, 06:22:27 AM
New to MXBikes community. Has anyone else had trouble downloading the Mods for bikes, tracks, etc since the 10 Beta download? I'd rather not have to go back and download everything again unless I really HAVE too. ANy help would be much appreciated too!

Thanks!

do you mean installing mods? i havent had any troubles personally mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

OttoRocket76

do you mean installing mods? i havent had any troubles personally mate.
[/quote]

Yeah! I figured it out though. I had to go the long ways and re unpack everything. Didn't expect to need to do that oops. Its all good though

BadStar

I've obviously taken a break from mxb for a while.

I'm enjoying Beta 10

Good work!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: BadStar on December 05, 2018, 03:36:06 AM

I'm enjoying Beta 10

Good work!

Nice to see you mate, wondered when you might come by 👍

CSchmied986

In the next beta, please just make the transmission direct like any other game! Having to 'drop' a button clutch to get going just sucks, and if you turn on 'auto clutch' it just pulls in the clutch while downshifting into corners, and takes way too long between shifts. Considering everything has to be on a controller, the transmission should not be that complicated. Anyone disagree?  :-X

Asdrael

Quote from: BadStar on December 05, 2018, 03:36:06 AM

I'm enjoying Beta 10

Good work!
finish your 2 strokes sound goddamnit! Hoh and welcome back too ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

December 05, 2018, 11:20:35 AM #42 Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:22:31 AM by Asdrael
Ok now time for comprehensive feedback about Beta10, since I played and modded it quite a bit. I'll focus on what I think the current obvious and less obvious issues are, both objectives (bugs) and subjective (how I think it should work and wishes for the next steps). After a bit of back rubbing of course :p I would say the physics are in a very very good place, even if some values feel off by (quite) a bit. But great work on the more frequent and simply better updates lately.

Unless specifically mentioned, this is all with 100% stock game (no mods). Although with the modded (OEM) content, some issues because more obvious like grip and suspensions. Long read.

Positives
  • LEAN HELP OFFFF. Game changer, can't live without it, have my babies, etc. The fact that you can overlean, and that it's not tied to an artificial reference is of course great, but I think the biggest benefit is that you know what your virtual rider will do. Quite frankly cut my "wtf did I fall" moments to 0. I will NOT touch the game again with Lean Help on.
  • Spectate. Was needed, is a welcome addition. We have people jumping in when races are started already to "queue up" for the next practice, and we even have people spectating during practice for fun.
  • Better collision boxes. This one is controversial - they are indeed better theoretically but they still give issues.
  • Some bug squishing. Yay no garage bug anymore!

Bugs
  • Collision. You still get dragged. Might be because one collision box of a bike gets stuck between 2 collision boxes of the other bike... not sure.
  • CTD. Having CTDs when putting the bike on a small object, like a fence. I suspect this is due to the object slipping between 2 collision boxes, such as Sphere0 or 1 and Box0 of the chassis, and then the game trying to bump your bike from one collision box to the other.
  • Online desync. See TFC's video. There seems to be no lag compensation, so the server often has a different opinion where you and your competition are. Makes for random crashes, and is extremely frustrating. This needs to be fixed for online racing with collisions on to be rewarding and not frustrating.
  • "Race Data". Not sure how to describe and reproduce this one. Sometimes, resetting practice or going to practice after a race bugs you out. You can play normally etc, but your pit is in the middle of the track (I think on the centerline), facing a random direction. And when you ride, your lap board show giberish. Also bugs out player names I'm told.
  • Online connection. Sometimes loops and doesn't let you connect. Might be because I'm using dual screen and/or alt-tabbing. This needs to be fixed for this game to be taken seriously online (Steam).
  • Online connection 2. When someone else connects to the server, all bikes disappear for a second or 2. Can also cause you to ward forward a couple of meters. This needs to be fixed for this game to be taken seriously online (Steam).
  • Online connection 3. Over 10 people on a server: high chance of game crash. This needs to be fixed for this game to be taken seriously online (Steam).
  • Rider buttshake. When taking turns with a high lean, the rider feels confused where his butt should be. Visual only (?).
  • Bike buttshake. An extreme whip (back wheel goes "in front" of the front wheel) bugs out the physics, and the bike just jerks the wrong way then. Might be emphasize by a camera bug (camera facing the wrong way thinking it's the right way). Using track side cameras, I could tell something looks wrong but I can't pinpoint what.
  • Bike headshake. Not sure if bug or something I never encountered IRL. When the rear bottoms out on a jumpface that is not perfectly flat, the handlebars can shake / jerk in one direction. Not really noticable under normal play but it is there.

Things that should and need to be better (and shitty suggestions)
Each subsection has a list in (my) order of importance.

• Online play on top of the very important bugs listed above
    • Online track change. When finished with a track and moving on to the next in the rotation, you should NOT have to disconnect and reconnect. Check the client for track availability and send him to loading directly. For people not having the track, just send them to "missing track" screen. Having to find the server again, reconnect, reload everything etc is a pain, you always lose people. Bonus: you can keep bikes loaded and only load the track. (Quake Champion is currently having huge issues with that, and it's the #1 complaint from the playerbase: lobby has to go, make everyone server-stick).
    • Online deformation. Add a "Groom track? Y/N" vote. If yes, force people to pit for 5s when deformation gets reset.
    • AFK voting has to go. People not voting shouldn't count as no, they should not count - period. Getting stuck on a vote because half the server is afk is not fun.
    • Server list. Please also display servers running stuff you do not have, to entice people to DL stuff. Use a color code if needed, like current color means you can connect, green means missing track, orange missing bikes, red missing bikes + track. This is needed to show people just getting stock stuff that there are more people playing, they just need content.
    • More commands and voting options. On top of my head: "!showlist" to show the server tracklist, "Skip to next track in the list? Y/N".
    • Player list. Hover your cursor over the server, get a player list (to find people you like and stalk play with them.)

• "Physics"
    • Rear wheel tap. Tapping the rear brake in the air still doesn't do enough.
    • Suspension values. I would say they are off by a bit, and too reliant on the spring rate. Each click doesn't seem to do much, and if you are not in the 54+ N/mm range for the rear for example, they are really too soft. Since OEM bikes allow you to go slightly faster because of better grip (see below), this becomes more obvious.
    • Tyre grip and terrain. Overall I think there is too much grip both tyres towards the side: you can get way too much lean before the front says fuck it, same for the rear. BUT when you lose the rear when powersliding, it steps out too fast. Also, starts as hell because forward rear tyre grip is too high, it takes too much to get it to spin. I would say, if you don't touch the front, to make the rear move more easily around (losing both forward traction and rear traction more easily, give it a bit less forward traction when spinning, but more lateral grip when sliding). Intertwinned with the suspension issue(s). When using OEM bikes, grip becomes really too good (I think because of more natural weight distribution).
    • Terrain feel. Values should be tuned for the different terrain types. Sand NEEDS to be more fluffy and feel softer in particular.
    • Bulldozing terrain. We need deformation to not only dig, but also move (and build up) dirt. You know it and we know it's not easy, but that's the kind of next level things that are needed.
    • Geometry. After spending probably over 200h with BikeEd, I really think there is an issue with the suspension (geometry?) model. Taking into account correct factory weight distribution (52% rear bias, 47% height bias on a CRF450 2018), [/u]you cannot achieve 100% accuracy on the rear shock geometry[/u] and have correct spring values, whatever bikeed values you get, on bikes with heavy springs. Roughly: the heavier the spring, the more you need to more the rear shock/frame link towards the fuel tank to align everything, have good angle etc and acheive correct spring values and sag in game. (Example: the Huskies are almost 100% perfect but use 46-48N/mm springs. The Yamahas are off with their 56N/mm springs... whatever I do). This might be due to the linkage being wierdly considered in game, or modern suspensions having a hidden system I'm not aware off. But worth mentioning after almost turning crazy on this.
    • The rider needs to hit the gym and do yoga. He still moves too slowly and with not enough amplitude.
    • Engine inertias and braking feel off when not on the 250f or 350f. I'd say the 2 strokes need less inertia and engine braking, the 450f more.
  • Editors Crucial, as regular content = active playerbase. Mostly Bike and EngineEd because that's what I do now.
    • BikeEd: Please allow to "unlink" everything. I want to me abole to move my swingwarm model without moving my actual geometry setup...
    • BikeEd + EngineEd : Allow chosing a picture as background. This would cut down the geometry and Engine work by at least 3x.
    • BikeEd: Add UNDO with a 10x history (at least). I almost killed my keyboard several times because of that.
    • BikeEd: Add a suspension setup and sag test. I don't want to load my game for that...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Great points mate, espcially the indepth stuff about the stuff that should be better.

i like the vote to rebuild track during online.

Bug: Still experienced a CTD while click garage after creating a setup, on club, using updated oem yzf250
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

Great job at progressing the game! The choices for riding aids are awesome! The online experience is quite improved too, despite the fact that I just crashed out of bounds and CTD'ed from the Forest/Practice online server. However, it wasn't until the 4th guy joined that there was any perceptible lag/glitch, and it was barely perceptible. Kudos.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.