• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta10

Started by PiBoSo, November 22, 2018, 06:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

A huge improvement in physics! And with online play getting better, the future suddenly looks brighter! In my opinion, the next fix should be the 'floating' front end. Also, a steering stabilizer or damper would probably help a lot because the bars can be pretty twitchy.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Being able to adjust a steering damper (riders arms I guess) would definitely be interesting..

Asdrael

Quote from: NorCal 986 on December 11, 2018, 08:26:52 AM
A huge improvement in physics! And with online play getting better, the future suddenly looks brighter! In my opinion, the next fix should be the 'floating' front end. Also, a steering stabilizer or damper would probably help a lot because the bars can be pretty twitchy.

Quote from: тғc on December 11, 2018, 09:50:56 AM
Being able to adjust a steering damper (riders arms I guess) would definitely be interesting..

There is a "steering damper" in the bike cfg, but it's fixed and you can't adjust it. I think the rider.cfg is only how your input is transmitted. It would be great if both could be adjusted though, I want more damping and more strength... As for the floaty front end, I think the OEM bikes have less of an issue (unless using the 450f and accelerating, then yeah :p). Probably weight distribution, I should actually check that again.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

Even with the OEM bikes, the headshake and drifting handlebars is noticeable, especially when in a powerslide or going uphill.

PizzaChet

I first tried beta 10 with all of the assists turned off. After flopping about 50 times trying to corner, I turned on auto-dab, auto sit and auto L-R lean and it's beauty. I could lean, slide and whip quite easily. There's still some weird interaction with the ground plane, especially when you exceed 90 degrees to that plane.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

CSchmied986

Washougal is EPIC in B10!!! 4th gear wide open in some berms! This game finally gives a hint that it COULD be the next big MX 'simulation' game. I hope progress only speeds, because it seems like with removing the lean assist, this game is finally starting to raise some eyebrows.

GDUBMX

It's actually really cool to see all the new players come and join in, way more lively discord interactions and content creation interests. B10 has proven itself to be the beta to seal the deal for alot of people. Once the online stability is 100% reliable (like mx sim) and low speed physics are improved (among other bits) we are ready to get serious with the online series stuff again.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 12, 2018, 06:19:05 PM
I first tried beta 10 with all of the assists turned off. After flopping about 50 times trying to corner, I turned on auto-dab, auto sit and auto L-R lean and it's beauty. I could lean, slide and whip quite easily. There's still some weird interaction with the ground plane, especially when you exceed 90 degrees to that plane.

This is how MXB is meant to be used.

Probably many assume helpers are for kids only, and turn them all off immediately. This could be a serious issue for MXB, especially on Steam.
Helpers are actually a necessity considering that most of us use a "simple" controller and have limited feedback from the simulated bike.
This is why, prior to Beta10 release, it was pondered to remove the possibility to turn some helpers off.

GDUBMX

Speaking of helpers, I have noticed the stability bar has been Completely removed? Is this because of the introduction of the lean angle, thus making that stability bar pointless?

We still have to tweak linearity on the controller to achieve a smoother/more stable feel.

Also what are the plans for the next beta in terms of online stability? Cheers Piboso
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

I agree with the auto-dab (since you can't do it yourself anyway). Removing it induces wierd glitches from the rider in turns.
I somewhat agree with auto-sit, I have it on now because I can overwrite it when I need it? Having it on makes it less of a finger exercice to turn, lean, sit, shift and clutch at the same time.
Auto L-R I guess you could have it on, but I'm so used to having it off now that I feel wierd having it on...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord