• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:41 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Slicks on dirt = great!

Started by Phathry25, November 28, 2018, 05:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

Too great.  Almost 100% traction, can punch the throttle repeatedly with no ill effects. I see that Dx1 has been roughly halved in the MX tires.  Does this have something to do with the added knob/bulldozing lines at the bottom of the file?  Is there any explanation of these added lines and any other tire changes that have been made?  Trying to get a dirt track bike figured out, but the tire is kicking my ass right now.

Snappe

You can increase knobsFactor to give more traction once the tyre is spinning up - this is why Dx1 is reduced.
Increasing bulldozingFactor gives more lateral grip when the tyre is sliding. So Dy1 can be reduced.
However! We are going to be changing the tyre code a bit so don't spend too much time tweaking at this stage.

And yes the SM tyres are too good on dirt currently

Phathry25

Thanks for the explanation and the heads up. No way I'm going to be able to resist playing around with it though.  Lol.

Asdrael

Quote from: Phathry25 on November 28, 2018, 07:31:11 PM
Thanks for the explanation and the heads up. No way I'm going to be able to resist playing around with it though.  Lol.

Don't. It's a trap you will only get out off scarred, in a few month, if ever. Trust me :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

The front end feels awesome! Too much rear traction though.