Author Topic: Geo's DayDream Tutorials - Discussion  (Read 590 times)

geo

• View Profile
Geo's DayDream Tutorials - Discussion
« on: November 28, 2018, 05:27:21 AM »
Here we can discuss everything I did wrong or whatever ;)

philiaN

• braaap
    • View Profile
Re: Geo's DayDream Tutorials - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
welcome back geo  ;)

Nice of you doing an updated version of the tutorials, just one thing: You should use _ for name the files, cause otherwise "it can" cause problems.

e.g. geos_daydream_v1
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

gokitty199

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 03:42:51 AM »
/\(,;,,,;,)/\ spider go grrrr

philiaN

• braaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
Just watched your third tutorial and there is an "easier" way to get a 3d scan of the terrain :)

You will need Google Earth Pro (3d terrain), dropbox (print key will save the screenshot automatically in dropbox folder) and 3df zephyr free (photogrammetry software)

tip: open one screenshot with photoshop - drag and drop all other screenshots on that layer - cutout like you wish - use file -> scripts -> layer to file export (something like that in english)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:58:53 AM by philiaN »
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
This related to the second tutorial and not third ;)

But, definitely will check it out, last time I tried Earth those drop-down plugins no longer worked (like SketchUp), but will see.

Vortex_Damien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:15:07 AM »
i will message you geo on steam :)

philiaN

• braaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
You can convert the object to a heightmap with blender. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDqYx0GLcvw

Umpossible

• Umpossible Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 12:50:41 AM »
Hey Geo, thanks for your work mate! Just had a quick question about a future video, what program will you be using in your tutorial to add objects? Thank you again for all your help!

Exotiks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »
What if we cant afford world creator? What other program can we use?

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 02:40:06 AM »
Hey Geo, thanks for your work mate! Just had a quick question about a future video, what program will you be using in your tutorial to add objects? Thank you again for all your help!

I know, well......I'll probably use WorldCreator since I have it and to experiment. I will use Blender to make objects and import that into WC to place. However, that may change if the tracked program gets updated and use that to place instead. Either way, it's all same result.

To better answer your question, objects will be made in Blender and then sent to another program (WC or Tracked) for placement.

What if we cant afford world creator? What other program can we use?

As I have stated, anything! L3DT, Earthsculptor, Photoshop, Gimp, Blender, 3DS Max.......etc... Anything can work!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:12:35 PM by geo »

Exotiks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 12:19:04 AM »
When I click on the _map.bat batch file it launches, then does nothing. I deleted the old map file in there and ran it again and it created a new one thinking it worked. I launch it in mapview and its the standard example track but with no textures the whole map was the same shade of dark dirt??? Anyone know what's going on?

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 01:11:28 AM »
When I click on the _map.bat batch file it launches, then does nothing. I deleted the old map file in there and ran it again and it created a new one thinking it worked. I launch it in mapview and its the standard example track but with no textures the whole map was the same shade of dark dirt??? Anyone know what's going on?

Pay attention to details :)

Sounds like you missed a step and something went wrong in .hmf file when you edited it.

If you put the number of layers to a 1 (like I did), then all others will be ignored. If you need more layers, make them, and increase it properly! Be sure you put the texture in your maps folder and in the .hmf you rename it as it is.

OR.......maybe you didn't put repetitions to a 1 to use a "reference" type image and it is being tiled.

But also, it seems your new heightmap isn't coming through and maybe you didn't save it to the main track folder and it isn't seeing it. The folder that has the map.bat and .hmf and such in it. Maybe you put it in the actual track folder or somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:38:35 AM by geo »

тғc

• View Profile
    • TFC's YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 07:54:15 AM »
Nice to see you back Geo and happy youre in a better place👍

Thanks for taking the time to make these tutorials as always we sorely need some community tracks!
Last Project Alta Redshift MXR

Current Project Hawkstone Replica

Next Project Unknown

Buy Me a Beer

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
well...im having a go...got as far as trying to view what i had done in mapview and no change to the sample view......had another go and the view was just the distant background.....the only thing i have done different to the tutorial is that when i export the  heightmap.raw...there is no option (that i can find....) to make it ibm pc compatible like Geo says to make sure you do...im using gimp and not photshop...any ideas anyone please?   

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 11:53:50 PM »
well...im having a go...got as far as trying to view what i had done in mapview and no change to the sample view......had another go and the view was just the distant background.....the only thing i have done different to the tutorial is that when i export the  heightmap.raw...there is no option (that i can find....) to make it ibm pc compatible like Geo says to make sure you do...im using gimp and not photshop...any ideas anyone please?

I did some searching online and it seems GIMP maybe not capable of saving a proper .raw file for grayscale heightmaps at 16-bit.

I am downloading GIMP just to briefly see, but you may end up have to use some type of converter after saving out of GIMP.

Not sure just yet, but will check it out.

Edit: well doesn't look good to me using only gimp. I don't have time to figure such a program out, but Gdub uses gimp I think and has created tracks.

Gdub?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:38:49 AM by geo »