Author Topic: Geo's DayDream Tutorials - Discussion  (Read 968 times)

geo

• View Profile
Re: Geo's DayDream Tutorials - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 02:38:00 AM »
My gosh!

I now see why it is a "gimp".

It is totally worth $10 a month for Photoshop. Haha

Wow.....never could I get used to this. I am sure many things possible in it, but wow.....I am done trying to figure it out. Easiest things are so much harder.

тғc

• View Profile
    • TFC's YouTube
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 05:34:12 AM »
Sorry, I use Gimp and have to convert with l3dt. You can just import your heightmap as an image (no matter what the import parameters) them straight away export as raw. The only important parameter is the size (2049'2049).

Also Gimp is like Blender on the whole. It's free, so you can't expect it to do everything a paid program does (although blender has it beat there).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:35:51 AM by тғc »
Last Project Alta Redshift MXR

Current Project Hawkstone Replica

Next Project Unknown

Buy Me a Beer

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »
Thanks guys...guess what ill be downloading when i get home after work tonight....😄

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
so...tried l3dt.....no success....got a trial version of adobe photoshop....saved the files like i should...even got the ibm pc bit....still no view in mapview....tearingmyhairout.com.......i must be missing something....anyone got an idea please?
also....probably highly relevant.....when i click on map.bat....it says that terrained has stopped working....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:11:43 PM by stevo »

Twitch135

• Umpossible Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
so...tried l3dt.....no success....got a trial version of adobe photoshop....saved the files like i should...even got the ibm pc bit....still no view in mapview....tearingmyhairout.com.......i must be missing something....anyone got an idea please?
also....probably highly relevant.....when i click on map.bat....it says that terrained has stopped working....
Make sure your track tools are up to date. If you 're using the track tools from example folder then they are outdated. I just tested one of my tracks with the tools from the example folder and mapview shows up blank. Last time they were updated was Sep 23 2017. In the example folder they are from 2015. Hope this solves your issue.

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
thanks Twitch....checked...got the latest versions......re downloaded them just incase.....no change.....
stilltearingmyhairout.com lol

Twitch135

• Umpossible Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
Another thing I just remembered. What is your HMF and THT file named? Is it just named track? If so, try renaming it to your track name. See it that helps.

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
renamed them Twitch..(Thanks for your continued? help..)..managed to view in mapview....just looks green and flat....the place i am trying to do is on a slope...also....although i can look around, i cant move around the map.....loaded it into game and it is flat, although extremely bumpy and not very big before you fall off the side.....not quite what i was expecting

Twitch135

• Umpossible Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »
renamed them Twitch..(Thanks for your continued? help..)..managed to view in mapview....just looks green and flat....the place i am trying to do is on a slope...also....although i can look around, i cant move around the map.....loaded it into game and it is flat, although extremely bumpy and not very big before you fall off the side.....not quite what i was expecting
adjust the scale up in your HMF and THE file (make sure they're the same) this should make those bumps bigger. To move around in movies just use the arrow keys to move and use right ctrl + mouse to look around . Mouse wheel to move faster.

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 02:25:10 AM »
Stevo, just pay attention to detail in the tutorials. It is all there, just gotta pay attention.

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 01:17:31 AM »
Sorry for the delay, but didn't get time this week to finish jumps (actually still exactly where tutorial left off haha), and now going into Xmas with kiddos.

It may be another 9-12 days for next tutorial, just FYI

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »
So, I got to some thinking.

Maybe I should condense the tutorials to eliminate the creativity side completely and just show how to get everything to work for the game?

After all, there are plenty of other tutorials for how to make a heightmap and using whatever specific program you want to.

So, basically ..... after folder setup (tutorial 1), I would then have a simple video for how to take the heightmap and put it in map viewer, thus eliminating all World Creator stuff.

I just feel I am promoting World Creator too much in this and it is very expensive. Maybe just keep these tutorials simple and to point how to get it to work for MXB rather than how to create?

philiaN

• braaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:10 AM »
I just wanna now if you can export the object scene from world creator into blender :P
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 02:14:16 AM »
I just wanna now if you can export the object scene from world creator into blender :P

Good question and previously it wouldn't.

I think now it will, but dunno for sure.

Next Friday I'll let ya know (unless kiddos actually let me have a little computer time, lol!!)

geo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 12:42:26 AM »
Ok, so next Friday may never come :)

Haha

Damn these holidays.