• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:50:59 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Jump start

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, July 16, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey hey..

Can you please reconsider the jump start from MXB entirely? The gate should in theory prevent anyone from being able to jump start, and it's plagued online since the first time we could all play together.

There must be a better way of doing it, like create a bounding box that if left triggers a jump start, but make it big and forgiving. You should be able to nudge the gate with your front wheel and back up slightly without causing a jump start.

Better yet, allow the bike to move a certain amount and then hit an invisible wall behind so people can't get launch space.

GDUBMX

great idea mate, irl you can do quite alot which you cant in MXB. this includes changing your starting trajectory to achieve better traction or to avoid a rut right outside the gate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

jkabee

Would love to see this happen as well. I got kicked from my first race yesterday for the same thing. I backed up a little just because i didn't know any better and got DQ'd.
Currently learning how to mod so that I can add value.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: jkabee on December 10, 2018, 11:52:14 AM
Would love to see this happen as well. I got kicked from my first race yesterday for the same thing. I backed up a little just because i didn't know any better and got DQ'd.

Worse still on some tracks the grid is on a bad part of heightmap and you have to hold brake so you don't roll back.

jkabee

It was your Alta that got me into trouble in the first place TFC!  ;D Dang no clutch....  ;)
Currently learning how to mod so that I can add value.

GDUBMX

Haha hopefully this gets fixed!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />