• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Beta10C / Beta10B Frame Rate Issues

Started by Braapsta969, January 20, 2019, 10:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braapsta969

Hey guys, I just jumped back on MXB & my frames have dropped significantly.

Beta10 frames are fine; seems like when I'm on Beta10B / Beta10C my frames just melt... for now, i'm sticking to Beta10 but, If anyone can help me out here i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, lots.
B969

SK4T

What's your setup and are you up to date (GPU, windows, ...) ?

Braapsta969

Sorry for being incompetent here but, my PC setup or my MXB setup?

First thing I did was update drivers (AMD & they we're in fact behind so I updated to reccomended latest) checked for windows updates but none we're available

I've been messing with my In-Game settings for 2 days now trying to resolve the issue; i've tried different resolutions, re-installing entirely, windowed/fullscreen/bordered to no resolve.
Graphics have been brought down to the lowest possible setting yet, once i'm racing my frames are just terrible (they weren't always ass though, on b10 I was at a silky smooth 60fps)

B10C is unplayable for me; just odd...
B969

SK4T

I mean your PC specs, GPU, CPU, RAM, etc...  ;)

So right now if you launch b10 it's good but b10C is unplayable ?

GDUBMX

Isn't there a problem with amd and open gl based games? Pretty sure Asdrael has had similar issues with an amd setup. Check the mx bikes discord for better support/help. This forum seems to be slowing down recently
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

Quote from: GDUBMX on January 23, 2019, 06:33:35 AMThis forum seems to be slowing down recently
That's called "The Beta Bounce" baby! I think most major games go through that, like when a new patch or update is released.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Braapsta969

Radeon 550 Series, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad Core, 8GB of installed RAM - I can take photos of System Information if needed.
The game runs at a silky smooth, 15fps.

Since Beta10C, frames have taken a cliffdive.
B969

LastFriday

Quote from: Braapsta969 on January 24, 2019, 10:22:35 PM
Radeon 550 Series, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad Core, 8GB of installed RAM - I can take photos of System Information if needed.

Do your frames change when you change the settings or is it always 15fps? I'm running a 1050 2gb card and runs it smooth

Braapsta969

The frames stay at 15 no matter what; I've tried many times to resolve this issue but, something has happened to my game itself I believe.

I recently did a fresh install & it still dropped frames.
B969

Asdrael

Frames staying at 15fps is usually a Vsync issue. Try to disable/enable it in game and/or in teh Radeon control panel. Also, change between full screen and windowed full screen modes.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Braapsta969

I've messed about with Vsync Settings; on both Radeon Settings and In-Game settings.

This is a massive conundrum.

Even with different resolutions, windowed modes - one thing I have noticed though is that, if I take a corner and face a new direction; the game takes a stroke and freaks out.
Some areas on the maps are 40-50 frames but, once racing... I can't even control the bike due to the frames dropping and re-surfacing.
B969

PiBoSo

January 28, 2019, 06:27:15 PM #11 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:25:41 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Braapsta969 on January 24, 2019, 10:22:35 PM

What operative system are you using?

Did you enable anti-aliasing, either in MX Bikes or in the control panel?

Does the card have 2 or 4 GB of VRAM?

Braapsta969

I've fiddled around with the anti-aliasing; starting to show signs of improvement I suppose.

4gb of V-Ram I believe; been hopping on and seeing how the frames hold up.
Like I've said; it's when I take a corner & I'm now facing a new direction - game seems to chug, chug & chug; it's weird.
B969