• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2019, 02:53:07 pm

News:

MX Bikes beta10c available! :)

MX Bikes beta11 WIP

Started by PiBoSo, March 08, 2019, 11:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

philiaN

April 28, 2019, 11:32:39 pm #15 Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:37:09 pm by philiaN
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2019, 03:12:35 pmthe plan for the next release of MXB is to focus more on multiplayer

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 09, 2019, 09:46:53 pmThe focus at the moment should be on the holes in the terrain, the crashes, the bugs, the lack of accuracy, ...

This sounds good but dont forget to make the connecting process easier.

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 15, 2017, 12:50:10 pmPlease note that every single bike has a size of dozens of MB, in some cases even over 100MB, excluding paints.
That would put way too much stress on dedicated servers.

Why isnt there an auto-download for tracks only? And use the stock bike as a template bike for bikes the user dont have?
That would eliminate so many online problems and imo that is necessary.Oh yeah and dont forget to show all servers in the server browser.

Then add a vote system for tracks! (seriously!!)

After that delete the damn jumpstart code, its obvious a thing from gpbikes and is super useless in mxbikes.

And finally change the "long reset" into an instant respawn with no collision for 3secs, that would eliminate the stucking problem with objects and other riders.

That would make the multiplayer experience flawless. You're welcome  ;D
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

HeWhoHordesManyPillows

Quote from: philiaN on April 28, 2019, 11:32:39 pm
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2019, 03:12:35 pmthe plan for the next release of MXB is to focus more on multiplayer

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 09, 2019, 09:46:53 pmThe focus at the moment should be on the holes in the terrain, the crashes, the bugs, the lack of accuracy, ...

This sounds good but dont forget to make the connecting process easier.

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 15, 2017, 12:50:10 pmPlease note that every single bike has a size of dozens of MB, in some cases even over 100MB, excluding paints.
That would put way too much stress on dedicated servers.

Why isnt there an auto-download for tracks only? And use the stock bike as a template bike for bikes the user dont have?
That would eliminate so many online problems and imo that is necessary.Oh yeah and dont forget to show all servers in the server browser.

Then add a vote system for tracks! (seriously!!)

After that delete the damn jumpstart code, its obvious a thing from gpbikes and is super useless in mxbikes.

And finally change the "long reset" into an instant respawn with no collision for 3secs, that would eliminate the stucking problem with objects and other riders.

That would make the multiplayer experience flawless. You're welcome  ;D

All of this ... +1
- Life could be simple

PiBoSo

Quote from: philiaN on April 28, 2019, 11:32:39 pmWhy isnt there an auto-download for tracks only?

Tracks are at least 100MB and can easily go over 200MB.
Even with only 20 riders connecting the needed bandwidth would be too much for a racing server.

A racing server should, at most, upload paints.

QuoteAnd use the stock bike as a template bike for bikes the user dont have?

A template bike wouldn't be accurate enough, especially for a simulator.

QuoteAfter that delete the damn jumpstart code, its obvious a thing from gpbikes and is super useless in mxbikes.

The jump start check is not from GP Bikes. It uses a different code and it's meant to prevent riders from going out of their spot and even collide with other bikes before the gates drop.

philiaN

auto-download: I dont know how much work it is to implement that as a server option, but i still think it's worth a try. And you can set different limitations, like a queue and download speed. + show all server :D

And 20 people connecting and downloading would be really the worst case scenario

template bike
: What if you would add the mods template bike to the download? (~ 2mb)

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 01, 2019, 12:06:31 pmA template bike wouldn't be accurate enough, especially for a simulator.
Don't forget it's about that new riders can join/play without big troubles.

vote system: Is there a plan to add a vote system for tracks, if not why? The rotation system we have is at least to say not the best solution.

jumpstart: Isn't there a vote kick system? It cause more harm than good. At least make it as a server option, so the host can decide if he wants that "protection" :)

stucked in objects: This is a real problem with the current reset system. There has to be improvments. Best solution i can think of is like i wrote. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Please consider that im writing from experience. It sounded quite harsh but wasn't meant like that.
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

Sandbiter

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 01, 2019, 12:06:31 pmA template bike wouldn't be accurate enough, especially for a simulator.
Won't this be accurate enough for the engine file?
I'm not multiplayer export, but do you need to send that over to each client?

Isn't it possible to have a template / default bike but temporarily download the engine files to the client pcs when joining a server?
If you enjoy my work, please consider making a donation:

gokitty199

Quote from: philiaN on May 01, 2019, 04:00:16 pmauto-download: I dont know how much work it is to implement that as a server option, but i still think it's worth a try. And you can set different limitations, like a queue and download speed. + show all server :D

And 20 people connecting and downloading would be really the worst case scenario

stucked in objects: This is a real problem with the current reset system. There has to be improvments. Best solution i can think of is like i wrote. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Please consider that im writing from experience. It sounded quite harsh but wasn't meant like that.
just a dumb mans 2 cents

for the bike/track downloading, have you considered having that as a separate server all together for content along with maybe having it only store official bikes(OEM's) and tracks for ease of controlling the content on the server? for example you have the race server that has Pala raceway and a 2020 yz250f on the server, and neither of witch you have. when you try to join the server, present the user with the option to download the bike/track, if they click No just kick them back or close the window so they can choose another server. if they click Yes, have the server/client dictate what data is missing(pala raceway and the 2020 yz250f) and use whatever the server deemed as missing as parameters so the client can request the correct bike/track from the server that holds all the content(tracks/bikes). from there download and store in the correct locations, however im not sure how you guys could go about tackling what to do once the content is downloaded. i have 0 clue how your guy's game functions but assuming it doesnt parse through what you have in the bikes folder when you click connect to see if you have the correct bikes when you go to join a server then idk how you would want to go about reloading your list of bikes into memory(not loading the actual models/textures and crap for every model obviously but im pretty sure you know what i mean(bad at explaining)).

probably not the greatest solution to being stuck in objects upon resetting, but one way i would attempt to handle something like this in for example UE4 or arma would be to cast a bunch of rays(maybe one every 5 degrees) from where the center of the bike would be when respawned(this would run before respawning and the ray would start to near the ground) 360 degrees around the bike and make each ray roughly half the length of the bike, check and see what the rays collide with, if something hits that has collisions(or whatever you do to filter out the results) then move the respawn point X distance closer to the center line in fractional amounts and casting new rays for each location until the rays are no longer colliding with unwanted objects.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on May 01, 2019, 04:30:07 pm

Isn't it possible to have a template / default bike but temporarily download the engine files to the client pcs when joining a server?

Oh yeah, good idea... The server could upload a very simple bike model and all the needed physics data, that is very compact.

Sandbiter

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 01, 2019, 11:12:12 pm
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 01, 2019, 04:30:07 pm

Oh yeah, good idea... The server could upload a very simple bike model and all the needed physics data, that is very compact.
Why not a standard MSM model which the user already has on it's pc? I don't think the template model has to be uploaded to any clients, just the needed physics data.

Ever thought of hiring me after all these suggestions and feedback? ::)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on May 02, 2019, 12:11:31 amWhy not a standard MSM model which the user already has on it's pc? I don't think the template model has to be uploaded to any clients, just the needed physics data.

While most bikes look very similar to each other, MXB also has to take into account wildly different bikes, like a 80cc or even a pitbike.

PiBoSo

Widescreen user interface in progress...

Sandbiter

PizzaChet

"MXB: fixed ( hopefully ) the bug that generated holes in the terrain with the crashed bike"
Cool! Really excited to test this one out! I'm a big crasher and will help find any spot just because I manage to crash in every spot eventually.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PizzaChet

June 14, 2019, 05:38:50 pm #27 Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:41:24 am by PizzaChet
Looking into landing bounciness and join lag too?!?!? Nice!!! You're biting a huge chunk off of the to do list! Good news. I'm really excited for the next release!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.