• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:07:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Setup Refresher Request

Started by Big Smooth one3, November 11, 2019, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Smooth one3

It's been a while since I've hopped into MXB, but with availability on steam now, I've found myself getting back into it a bit lately. I vaguely remembered some setup tips from the last time I played (beta7/8?) and have used this forum as a starting point now that I'm trying to re-figure things out, but much of what's here seems outdated.

So - I'm wondering if some of the long-timers here would be willing to take just a couple of minutes and refresh us new/returning players on some standards of setup. This is mainly about suspension/bike setup, but I've also noticed new "stability" or "assist" settings that I don't remember being there last time - any "must do" or "should never do" tips? I realize I'm basically a beginner again, but it would be great to get advice on more advanced settings  since I enjoy the challenge of learning how to play these types of games in a way that allows me to progress and perform as well as the game allows...if that makes sense (i.e., even though its easier at first, never use auto-lean, you need to learn how to control the bike without any of that in order to progress).

For example, I've read various "must have" sag settings, both race and static, so what should we be aiming for? Beyond that, what's the most stable/ideal way to reach those benchmarks? I've snagged Reuben's setup from a few threads down, which I believe he made a couple of years ago, and it seems to be my best bet thus far, but some of the settings (maybe?) have changed, or are just presented differently in-game now, I think.

All of this said, if basically nothing has changed, tell me to shut up and go to that setup guide thread  ;D

Cheers