• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

August 26, 2019, 04:41:14 am

News:

MX Bikes beta11d available! :)

What can we do to increase player base?

Started by GDUBMX, April 22, 2019, 03:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on May 05, 2019, 04:16:40 pmLittle more on why the player base is so small after hosting a race yesterday.

Finally racing you've no idea what is going on because your pitboard doesn't show up.

Were you using a mod track?

Sandbiter

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 06, 2019, 04:49:24 pm
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 05, 2019, 04:16:40 pmLittle more on why the player base is so small after hosting a race yesterday.

Finally racing you've no idea what is going on because your pitboard doesn't show up.

Were you using a mod track?
No. We were trying to race on Washington.
If you enjoy my work, please consider making a donation:

uollie

As someone who doesn't play this game often and only checks back every few months to keep up with progress, I agree with what RC said too. It's really important to me to be able to get into a game quickly and easily. I've never even tried online before, only single player, and I find even that could be a little quicker to get to the track from your desktop.

I just wanted to echo the desire for a better way to select tracks/gear/bikes while in-game. I also personally don't feel like content should be a concern, either. I'm perfectly happy playing on the exact same tracks for years. I've been playing on strictly AMA SX/MX tracks in MXS for like a decade now, often going back to the 2010-2013 years lol. I suppose if MXB ever hits Steam store, all the mods and user content can always be easily be accessible via Steam Workshop anyway? I don't know anything about that front though.

Besides all the quality of life stuff, I've been pleased with the progress of the game over the years. I try it out ever so often with each update and I can usually tell a big improvement was made in the physics and feel of the bike control. Ultimately if that keeps improving, I guess it doesn't matter how long it takes to get into a race, because I'm going to gravitate towards the game that feels the most realistic to me.