• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
August 19, 2019, 07:28:50 am

News:

MX Bikes beta11d available! :)


Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship tracks for MXBikes

Started by doubledragoncc, April 25, 2019, 01:25:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Ok............So guys I have to say thankyou, BUT, NBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics and not just the track, no disrespect Piboso it is about visuals for a major companies viewers. Unfortunately there is NO product that fulfils all of the criteria they require, but visuals for them is of utmost importance. Due to this I feel guilty having wasted your time, BUT they did look and think formost of using MXB, that says a lot to start with. Open GL and no background visuals play a big part in this. They do however recognise MXB as the first chioce if it was only to do with the physics and input/output for controllers and motion systems. So well done Piboso for at least having that status to  a major company.

Thanks to all for your help. I will put it to good use one way or another.

DD

Sandbiter

Quote from: Snappe on May 02, 2019, 01:17:32 pmBut if they change the layout the scan will be pretty useless surely?
Definitely not. I doubt they'll flatten the entire terrain just for an AMA race. Pretty sure most of the major jumps will stay.
If you enjoy my work, please consider making a donation:


Snappe

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 02, 2019, 07:24:47 pmNBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics and not just the track, no disrespect Piboso it is about visuals for a major companies viewers

You work for NBC?

doubledragoncc

I cant say much at the moment but I have been asked on their behalf to look into something for the 2020 MX/SX championships.

DD

Snappe

It sure would have been nice to have been involved in any discussions, since it's up to us to license the software and because we may have been able to customize it to their needs.

GDUBMX

DD REally? Surely you should connect Piboso and NBC? Snappe has already said its ultimately their decision
Add me on Steam : GDUBMX
GDUBMX YouTube

doubledragoncc

I asked about the tracks before starting a major conversation with piboso purely to see if the tracks were here as I dont do MXB until now. I was gathering information thats all. I think I know that if anyone decided they wish to use GPB or MXB in public and commercially I would tell them THEY need to contact Piboso and would also talk to Piboso myself. I think if anyone between the forums supports and attempts to promote Piboso's sims it is myself. I always try to push his sims and I always have the utmost respect for Piboso if It comes to the point of someone wanting to use his products.

Sorry if that has never been clear enough.

DD

hvpmvp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 02, 2019, 07:24:47 pmOk............So guys I have to say thankyou, BUT, NBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics and not just the track, no disrespect Piboso it is about visuals for a major companies viewers. Unfortunately there is NO product that fulfils all of the criteria they require, but visuals for them is of utmost importance. Due to this I feel guilty having wasted your time, BUT they did look and think formost of using MXB, that says a lot to start with. Open GL and no background visuals play a big part in this. They do however recognise MXB as the first chioce if it was only to do with the physics and input/output for controllers and motion systems. So well done Piboso for at least having that status to  a major company.

Thanks to all for your help. I will put it to good use one way or another.

DD
I'm surprised it wasn't MXS tbh

PizzaChet

Quote from: hvpmvp on May 07, 2019, 01:06:12 am
Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 02, 2019, 07:24:47 pmNBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics...
I'm surprised it wasn't MXS tbh.
Look at that and let it soak in...that has to be a joke!?! As much as we'd all love a marriage of MXS physics and online with MXB's everything else especially graphics, we can't. It's common among many other genres, one has this and the other has that. We need more time and patience. It's already a niche sport in a super niche game with a two person dev team. MXS has one. A watched pot never boils. If you got nuthin' better to do, then knock yourself out. I just got done with some beautiful DiRT Rally 2.0 and highly recommend it!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

john_710

Quote from: PizzaChet on May 07, 2019, 07:17:29 am
Quote from: hvpmvp on May 07, 2019, 01:06:12 am
Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 02, 2019, 07:24:47 pmNBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics...
I'm surprised it wasn't MXS tbh.
Look at that and let it soak in...that has to be a joke!?! As much as we'd all love a marriage of MXS physics and online with MXB's everything else especially graphics, we can't. It's common among many other genres, one has this and the other has that. We need more time and patience. It's already a niche sport in a super niche game with a two person dev team. MXS has one. A watched pot never boils. If you got nuthin' better to do, then knock yourself out. I just got done with some beautiful DiRT Rally 2.0 and highly recommend it!

I think you missed the point of this thread and went on a bit of a tangent pizzachet.

Exotiks

Quote from: PizzaChet on May 07, 2019, 07:17:29 am
Quote from: hvpmvp on May 07, 2019, 01:06:12 am
Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 02, 2019, 07:24:47 pmNBC SN needs a sim with high end graphics...
I'm surprised it wasn't MXS tbh.
Look at that and let it soak in...that has to be a joke!?! As much as we'd all love a marriage of MXS physics and online with MXB's everything else especially graphics, we can't. It's common among many other genres, one has this and the other has that. We need more time and patience. It's already a niche sport in a super niche game with a two person dev team. MXS has one. A watched pot never boils. If you got nuthin' better to do, then knock yourself out. I just got done with some beautiful DiRT Rally 2.0 and highly recommend it!
I think this game is amazing as it is in Beta 10c. The physics are by far more realistic then MXS, and so are the graphics. It sure is harder, but little small changes to the physics about rider movement would make the game even better. For those who don't appreciate the physics in this game shouldn't be playing it.

philiaN

Quote from: PizzaChet on May 07, 2019, 07:17:29 amAs much as we'd all love a marriage of MXS physics and online with MXB's everything else especially graphics, we can't.

No.
MX Bikes Discord Server: https://discord.gg/8wwwNDn Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/aZBubiU6

john_710

Quote from: philiaN on May 12, 2019, 09:56:09 pm
Quote from: PizzaChet on May 07, 2019, 07:17:29 amAs much as we'd all love a marriage of MXS physics and online with MXB's everything else especially graphics, we can't.

No.

There are many reasons why MXS should not be called a simulator.3 examples off the top of my head are,
1)The front tire does nothing to the track, The dev could not figure out how to have both tires erode and carve a path on the track while keeping the game playable so he just disabled the front tire from doing any thing to the track.
2)The track does not change until the bike has left the area so you never get the feeling of riding on dirt, its more like riding on dirt colored rocks.
3)You have to shift up to 5th in mid air on every jump because it levels out the bike. Just feels fake.

PizzaChet

These first two reasons sound like your psychological response to these features once you discovered them instead of a physics simulation issue. The shifting gripe is kinda petty since it's not really a problem. Each title has something the other doesn't. That's my point.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

john_710

Quote from: PizzaChet on May 13, 2019, 02:49:38 amThese first two reasons sound like your psychological response to these features once you discovered them instead of a physics simulation issue. The shifting gripe is kinda petty since it's not really a problem. Each title has something the other doesn't. That's my point.


Every time I state these 3 facts about MXS I never get a well thought out response that could change my mind. I welcome a different point of view and would take it seriously but it seems like the only response I ever get is akin to some one sticking their fingers in their ears and saying any thing to brush off these criticisms with out discussing them. Just a waste of time to continue this conversation