• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:21:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Oppo Whip

Started by LastFriday, May 26, 2019, 03:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LastFriday

Does anyone know how to throw an oppo/turn up whip? What's the secret to doing it :o

PizzaChet

Try doing the opposite with the body lean stick.  8)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

john_710

May 30, 2019, 05:59:07 PM #2 Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:08:32 PM by john_710
its all about timing to make it look cool. to get started just before you leave the lip of a jump, turn left with the left stick while leaning back with the right stick and as soon as the back tire leaves the jump you want to swing the right stick to the right counter clockwise. That should get you side ways, to get back to a landing position do the opposite (left stick to the right and right stick swing from right to down to left clockwise)

now to make the oppo happen the type of jump is every thing. you want to find one that will compress your suspension hard and kinda shoot you up vertically favoring height instead of distance. sitting on the take off then standing when its time to come back from the whip will help keep the front end up. When coming up to the jump you want to have the bike leaned to the right and instead scrubbing, swing the sticks how I mentioned before. Like i said before timing is every thing so you will have to make little changes to every thing I said before but you should be able to get a the feeling for what works on that jump and what does not.

Hope to see some whip gifs from you