• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 18, 2019, 03:01:59 am

News:

MX Bikes beta12 available! :)

MX Simulator

Started by ZeroCivilian, June 28, 2019, 07:58:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroCivilian

Is this game better than MX Simulator in your guy's opinion? I downloaded the demo and I'm alright at MX Simulator but it didn't feel very realistic to me. Someone on Reddit on an older thread suggested to check out this game. I know that MX Simulator's demo is really out dated, so If anybody owns MX Simulator is it better or worse than this? This game caught my eye more because of the graphics and I hoping the physics will keep me satisfied. Downloading the demo right now.
PS: This community also looks a lot better than MX Simulator's. Hoping no one is as toxic as the people who play that.

Asdrael

Well opinions are opinions but:
- in terms of physics I would say MXB > MXS in their current state, knowing that you will have to sink quite a bit of time into the games before you can do a lap reliably, yet alone a quick one
- for custom content accuracy MXB > MXS (but MXS track creation is way easier)
- MXS > MXB for the amount of content
- MXS > MXB for online activity (for a lot of reasons)

Try the demos and see what you like. Anyone telling you MXS is the pinacle of realistic physics has never ridden a dirt bike. Anyone telling you MXB has a smooth online experience today is full of poopoo ;) But both are very enjoyable experience in their own right.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

ZeroCivilian

Thank you for the reply. After playing both demos I definitely think MXB is better. Though I've never tried the full version of MXS after playing the demo of MXB I'm positive it wouldn't be better. I am going to purchase the full version of MXB soon. Hopefull beta 11 comes out before than so the multiplayer will be better, but I need a lot of practice anyways. I've probably played the demo for 5 hours now and a couple of those were totally not spent trying to wheelie.

Sandbiter

June 28, 2019, 04:07:26 pm #3 Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:14:41 pm by Sandbiter
Mx Sim is better for Axel Hodges type sh*t. Full throttle blowing through a berm and doing insanely big jumps.
Mx Bikes on the other hand is a lot more realistic. I'm not saying you can't full throttle blow through berms and do big jumps though. It's possible, just not as forgiving and straight forward to do.

Both games are great, but if you're really going for a simulator, choose Mx Bikes. Mx Simulator is more fun for the big 'stupid' stuff.

--edit
This pretty much sums up Mx Sim.
If you enjoy my work, please consider making a donation:

ZeroCivilian

After playing both I totally agree with you. Within 30 minutes in MX sim I was able to blow through all of the jumps at the maximum speed possible. After about 7 hours of game play with MX Bikes some jumps are still hard for me to complete, especially the ones that don't have a straight section leading into them. When watching the video you put there it looks like the they are playing in moon gravity, the bikes in MX Sim have no weight at all.

PizzaChet

How come none of the tracks for MXB have braking or acceleration bumps or whoops that actually resemble whoops? Instability. That is also something MXS does way more realistically. MXB is far more modern in certain features yet MXS has nailed down some of the key things for realism. Both have quite a way to go sound-wise.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Sandbiter

Quote from: PizzaChet on August 12, 2019, 10:54:56 pmHow come none of the tracks for MXB have braking or acceleration bumps or whoops that actually resemble whoops? Instability. That is also something MXS does way more realistically. MXB is far more modern in certain features yet MXS has nailed down some of the key things for realism. Both have quite a way to go sound-wise.
The first dozen tracks which were released for Mx Sim didn't have any roughness what so ever. As more people got the game and started to get better, rougher tracks were made.

MX Bikes still doesn't have a big community and half of the people playing now can't even get a clean lap in on flat tracks due to their lack of practice.

Mx Sim is more fun in certain ways, but a lot more arcade-like. I do have to admit that it is more stable on bumps etc. but that does not mean it is impossible in MXB.
If you enjoy my work, please consider making a donation: