• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Simulator

Started by ZeroCivilian, June 28, 2019, 07:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroCivilian

Is this game better than MX Simulator in your guy's opinion? I downloaded the demo and I'm alright at MX Simulator but it didn't feel very realistic to me. Someone on Reddit on an older thread suggested to check out this game. I know that MX Simulator's demo is really out dated, so If anybody owns MX Simulator is it better or worse than this? This game caught my eye more because of the graphics and I hoping the physics will keep me satisfied. Downloading the demo right now.
PS: This community also looks a lot better than MX Simulator's. Hoping no one is as toxic as the people who play that.

Asdrael

Well opinions are opinions but:
- in terms of physics I would say MXB > MXS in their current state, knowing that you will have to sink quite a bit of time into the games before you can do a lap reliably, yet alone a quick one
- for custom content accuracy MXB > MXS (but MXS track creation is way easier)
- MXS > MXB for the amount of content
- MXS > MXB for online activity (for a lot of reasons)

Try the demos and see what you like. Anyone telling you MXS is the pinacle of realistic physics has never ridden a dirt bike. Anyone telling you MXB has a smooth online experience today is full of poopoo ;) But both are very enjoyable experience in their own right.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

ZeroCivilian

Thank you for the reply. After playing both demos I definitely think MXB is better. Though I've never tried the full version of MXS after playing the demo of MXB I'm positive it wouldn't be better. I am going to purchase the full version of MXB soon. Hopefull beta 11 comes out before than so the multiplayer will be better, but I need a lot of practice anyways. I've probably played the demo for 5 hours now and a couple of those were totally not spent trying to wheelie.

Ruubs

June 28, 2019, 04:07:26 PM #3 Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:14:41 PM by Sandbiter
Mx Sim is better for Axel Hodges type sh*t. Full throttle blowing through a berm and doing insanely big jumps.
Mx Bikes on the other hand is a lot more realistic. I'm not saying you can't full throttle blow through berms and do big jumps though. It's possible, just not as forgiving and straight forward to do.

Both games are great, but if you're really going for a simulator, choose Mx Bikes. Mx Simulator is more fun for the big 'stupid' stuff.

--edit
This pretty much sums up Mx Sim.

ZeroCivilian

After playing both I totally agree with you. Within 30 minutes in MX sim I was able to blow through all of the jumps at the maximum speed possible. After about 7 hours of game play with MX Bikes some jumps are still hard for me to complete, especially the ones that don't have a straight section leading into them. When watching the video you put there it looks like the they are playing in moon gravity, the bikes in MX Sim have no weight at all.

PizzaChet

How come none of the tracks for MXB have braking or acceleration bumps or whoops that actually resemble whoops? Instability. That is also something MXS does way more realistically. MXB is far more modern in certain features yet MXS has nailed down some of the key things for realism. Both have quite a way to go sound-wise.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: PizzaChet on August 12, 2019, 10:54:56 PMHow come none of the tracks for MXB have braking or acceleration bumps or whoops that actually resemble whoops? Instability. That is also something MXS does way more realistically. MXB is far more modern in certain features yet MXS has nailed down some of the key things for realism. Both have quite a way to go sound-wise.
The first dozen tracks which were released for Mx Sim didn't have any roughness what so ever. As more people got the game and started to get better, rougher tracks were made.

MX Bikes still doesn't have a big community and half of the people playing now can't even get a clean lap in on flat tracks due to their lack of practice.

Mx Sim is more fun in certain ways, but a lot more arcade-like. I do have to admit that it is more stable on bumps etc. but that does not mean it is impossible in MXB.

ChaosFox

I see this topic is kinda old but I really wanted to voice my opinion on it coming from my experience.

Hello, I'm Chaos, and I love MX Bikes. But that said i should say i have been playing MX Simulator for 8 years now. MXS was so ugly when i was 12 (I'm 20 now). This topic hits me different because being an avid player of 8 years you'd think i was a legend or veteran at this time. I am very well not. MXS requires your full attention every day, for hours that day. It's ridiculous. The physics for 2007 were phenomenal. The whips, the friction in the dirt. Then they gave us dirt kicking up, and decals. It was awesome stuff. The game is hard yes, but when you get good, it's a great feeling. But you goto a friends house over the weekend? Then maybe do some work? Then go on vacation? Now you suck at the game. The top dogs do nothing BUT play that game... I hate to say it.. Because 8 years is alot for a game, but it's outdated. The whole game is. It's a masterpiece that one man created the whole thing, but it's just outdated. The graphics, the physics, everything. The engine is old. FFS, jlv refuses to create sound mods, the bikes sound like something created in a mixer. MX Bikes? New, fresh, REAL. The tail of the bikes getting kicked by braking bumps, the whoops hop, the whips, the way the bars spit and stutter on rough terrain. The literal raw feeling when riding a bike, seeing it move out from beneath you when throwing it sideways. It's just time for change. MXS doesn't even have body leaning. Show me someone who rides irl without weighting the outside peg? MXS is great, if it's 2013 and you're looking for a killer sim in it's prime, but MX Bikes will give you a better online experience, and a good ride. Easy modding, the good stuff. And to hell with Spencer Turley for literally saying "You all just like MX Bikes because you can hop on and ride and feel like somebody because the game is easy." No sir. This game is not easy to just start playing and do a lap. It has a great learning curve, and he is just a sad, mad little man because you don't have to sit in a room for 4 days with a shit bucket grinding the game to get good. You don't have to be fast to be good.

But what do I know, alot of people with agree with this, and alot will disagree.

Kekkoo

One of the hardest things when moving from MX sim to MX bikes is the camera. In MX sim you really know what the bike is doing at all times because the camera is rigid and attached to the rider. In MX bikes it is really difficult to tell when you are on the limit of the grip. Suddenly you just lose the front end. Also leaning very fast from one side to another causes weird crashes because you can't feel the bike. Of course I'm playing in 1st person as a simulator should be played. This might not be as big of a difference for 3rd person players. In 3rd person I can't play MX sim or MX bikes at all. It just feels wrong. When landing a jump in MX sim the bike goes where the front wheel is pointed but in MX bikes it feels the bike might go where ever it wants to if the bike is even little bit sideways. MX sim definitely has a better 1st person camera and damping forces on steering. Also whoops on MX bikes feel wrong. You just pin it and the bike stays nice and straight.

Definitely I'm little biased towards MX sim and some of the things will get better when I play MX bikes more. But sometimes I see people commenting that MX bikes is way more realistic than MX sim and that is false. MX bikes has some serious flaws as does MX sim. It's healthy to have multiple games competing in the same genre. Too bad JLV has almost stopped developing MX sim.

teeds

Quote from: Kekkoo on February 22, 2020, 12:28:39 PMBut sometimes I see people commenting that MX bikes is way more realistic than MX sim and that is false.

I don't think anyone that's really got into MXBikes would agree that's a "false" comment. I see lots of people commenting that MXS is more realistic but it all seems to be based on nothing but subjective bias, example above  :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

AZDesertRat

March 03, 2020, 04:09:15 PM #10 Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:24:43 PM by AZDesertRat
The MXS loyalists believe that since the bike is more difficult to control that automatically translates into being more realistic.  However, it's actually more of an artificially inflated skill level over authenticity.  There is a single element that I believe MXB does far better than MXS, which is conveying a realistic sense of speed and acceleration when played in first person view.  IMO, this is the closest simulated feeling of the real deal.  It just adds so much to corner anticipation/braking and you can "feel" when you start to override. That being said, both games have their weak points but MXB is constantly being developed by Piboso while MXS has reached EOL.  If the devs can fix the low speed stability, crazy side swapping and reduce the projectile seat bounces, MXB will just continue to get better.   

teeds

Fair comments and some specific detail. The MXS learning curve sounds steep and slippery although ultimately rewarding. Riding a real dirt bike isn't hard per sa, but becoming the fastest is, I think MXB matches this more closely. And for a bit of pure subjective bias, I think the reward is also there with MXB.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

CBM Racing

Quote from: ZeroCivilian on June 28, 2019, 07:58:41 AMIs this game better than MX Simulator in your guy's opinion? I downloaded the demo and I'm alright at MX Simulator but it didn't feel very realistic to me. Someone on Reddit on an older thread suggested to check out this game. I know that MX Simulator's demo is really out dated, so If anybody owns MX Simulator is it better or worse than this? This game caught my eye more because of the graphics and I hoping the physics will keep me satisfied. Downloading the demo right now.
PS: This community also looks a lot better than MX Simulator's. Hoping no one is as toxic as the people who play that.

MX Bikes is a lot more fun to play you won't have constant rage quits and it won't take you 5+ years to be an A Rider and it has amazing throttle control that's what brought me here from Sim plus their crappy community. But if you want to be a Pro Racer (in video games) stick with MX Sim they have way more bike control yes you can way over jump stuff but you can do the same here on the 450. This game is still very far from what you can do in MX Sim but I think it will one day get there and leave MX Sim in the dust just not right now not to mention out of all the Sim players only about 100 of them can push that game to its limits and if you want to be one of those people you have years of training to do. MX Sim has better features more adjustments better cameras but the fun factor of MX Bikes is 100x greater than Sim. I chose MX Bikes over Sim and I have been playing Sim since 2012 and I just started playing MX Bikes when my Race Team was told the week after Daytona that Supercross was postponed indefinitely so I am taking this COVID-19 opportunity to get as many hours into MX Bikes as I can. I was loving it until yesterday when Beta 14 was released and the entire game changed. I don't want to lie to you most people I talk to are very unhappy with the changes but if you start with Beta 14 you will never know the difference anyway. I hope that helped and like I said as long as PiBoSo keeps working on the game MX Sim will be left in the dust in the next few years!

Dino

I have been playing sim for a year and have gone pro the learning curve is very steep but as said very rewarding, mx bikes was fresh for me and a ton of fun, but with such as small community its hard for me to go from sim where most servers are 30+ people, to bikes where most servers have 2-4 people. Overall the sim to bikes comparison is needed but with such a small community and sim already has had a racing scene for awhile that drags people back in, but if bikes could do something similar that would be amazing, but as of current state the racing in sim is 500% better than bikes. Mentioning the whoops i have gone from sim where the whoops are challenging and require skill, but in bikes i find myself sleeping going 3-4 gear in the whoops with no challenges, the paleta raceway whoops are good and slow you down making so you have to have some sort of skill to go fast, but in sim there is so much that goes on about going through the whoops in a good way, i just find bikes whoops boring. In terms of realism i love the bikes 1st person and i feel as im at the track, but with kinks in the OEMs where i cannot lean past a certain point without my footpeg touching and launching me off my bike, i just find bikes a fun game with some kinks to work out but other than those things, bikes scaling is amazing (except the whoops), But with such a huge racing scene in sim and a overall more complete game as of bikes beta 14, I feel myself driftin to sim 9 times out of 10. My take on it :D

K1dX

I love MXB but if Preload off of jumps were better would be amazing, Like I lean forward and bike don't go. Same as back so if I am leaning back then I am flying back in the air, There is no way to control the back and forward lean in air.