• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta11

Started by PiBoSo, July 05, 2019, 12:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[GH]Cody

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 08, 2019, 10:35:45 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on July 08, 2019, 04:25:39 PMIf you've downloaded all snapshots the update doesn't have anything new in it.
Hmmm. Is that right? Well, the things you discover on the internets.  ::) P.S. Incredible improvement PiBoSo! Bravo! I just ride and ride now, until it runs out of gas. Thanks!
yep, just about every actual .exe update is just a compilation of all the snapshots into an installer. even people in the sim community think its an actual update (no surprise from them)

PizzaChet

I appreciate the tip, but I was being sarcastic since Sandy was trolling me.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 09, 2019, 11:04:45 PMI appreciate the tip, but I was being sarcastic since Sandy was trolling me.
I honestly wasn't trolling you ???

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on July 06, 2019, 04:33:18 PM2 long winded questions:

- "moving the forks" means the lower forks I suppose? Or moving up the entire front end? Also... but which amount? If it's to due with the preload, then it's only the lower forks by less than 1cm...
- for the rear shock, decreasing the min length. I don't get why, a shock min length has nothing to do with preload, unless you actually compress the shock so much it starts stacking. Anyhow, then the BikeEd values start being wrong - wrong wheelbase etc - or should the BikeEd values be correct with the shorter Shock min lenght?

The upper link of the forks should be moved up. Previously the suspensions were shortened with the preload, so the geometry should now be adjusted ( only a few millimeters ) to restore the length with the default preload.
Some other parameters might then need to be tuned accordingly.

PiBoSo

Release notes updated.