• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

cant connect to custom servers

Started by FryedroPonics, October 11, 2019, 12:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FryedroPonics

whenever i try to join someones server, it says connection timeout. does anyone know why this would happen?

LastFriday

FryedroPonics

i do, i just now installed the new bike pack tho so maybe it wouldnt let me cos i had the old one before?

FryedroPonics

still wont let me connect with the new oem pack.

Asdrael

Try a clean install of the new beta (b12), either standalone or steam version.

Don't forget you need an activated version to play online so if you migrated to Steam you need to migrate your key as well.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

October 11, 2019, 01:29:55 PM #5 Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:32:57 PM by FryedroPonics
i did a fresh install when it came to steam, and do you mean migrate by using this link?
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2856.0

Asdrael

Yes. You need to activate the Steam version, install and then launch the Steam version. Uninstall the standalone one and don't get confused by having more than 1 icon on your desktop and wonder why nothing is working like I did ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

I did a fresh install from steam. i was playing on servers just not custom created ones (for lack of a better term)
 now after this update today, i cant connect to any servers. even with 0 mods.

FryedroPonics

okay so i got it working.
i had to uninstall then reinstall to get into a server..

FryedroPonics

still cannot join custom servers tho.

Asdrael

If a fresh clean install gets you into stock servers, the game is installed file on your computer. There is an issue with the mods.

Always check you are using the latest version of the mods (tracks and bikes) and that they are properly installed. And I will just throw it out there - if something is a .pkz, don't touch it.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

Everything was working fine when i installed it through steam (mods and all), then there was the update through steam and then i couldnt join servers after the update.
So then i took all the mods out, still wouldn't let me join servers.. so that is when i did a fresh install and then could join servers so then i put the mods back in and it works fine again (other than joining other peoples servers, that still doesnt work all the time. ive only been able to join a few servers that people host. most of the time i get a connection error)
i dont see how an issue with the mods could be preventing me from joining servers if i took them out?