• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
May 26, 2020, 09:29:37 am

News:

MX Bikes beta14d available! :)


Graphical Issues?

Started by mxmaniac6, October 17, 2019, 09:19:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mxmaniac6

So I believe it might be the mods the are messing up the textures. I ended up just factory resetting my pc for other unrelated issues and when I loaded up the game for the first time it ran perfectly. As soon as I installed the OEM bike mode the textures went haywire again. so I then removed the mode and the textures stopped spazzing  out but they still aren't quit right. (pic below)

Asdrael

Quite frankly that's the first time I hear of such an issue. To me it looks hardware related. Are you positive you are not overheating anything, you ram sticks are fine, you GPU fans aren't dirty etc?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

teeds

I'll compare your OpenGL versions to my 1080ti when I get a mo, but your problem does look like a GPU memory problem to me.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

mxmaniac6

November 07, 2019, 09:46:06 am #18 Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:49:31 am by mxmaniac6
Quote from: Asdrael on November 07, 2019, 07:10:56 amQuite frankly that's the first time I hear of such an issue. To me it looks hardware related. Are you positive you are not overheating anything, you ram sticks are fine, you GPU fans aren't dirty etc?
Quote from: teeds on November 07, 2019, 09:33:18 amI'll compare your OpenGL versions to my 1080ti when I get a mo, but your problem does look like a GPU memory problem to me.
Okay so I have a fresh install of the game, everything default, no mods or anything. I played until the textures started acting up while monitoring all of my hardware with afterburner. here's the pics. I'm just so confused as to why this is the only game I have issues with. In the meantime every other game I play runs perfectly with no artifacting or anything.

Asdrael

That's a messed up driver (for whatever reason) or your gpu memory having a hard time with the openGL textures.

I would also have said maybe a HDD starting to die, but if you did a full system reinstall chances are really low that you are installing on the same cluster twice.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

mxmaniac6

Quote from: Asdrael on November 07, 2019, 11:12:57 amThat's a messed up driver (for whatever reason) or your gpu memory having a hard time with the openGL textures.

I would also have said maybe a HDD starting to die, but if you did a full system reinstall chances are really low that you are installing on the same cluster twice.
I have done multiple clean driver installs and any other game that uses openGL textures runs fine, and I installed the game on an SSD this time for good measure. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help so far :)

Asdrael

I'll be honest and say I have no further ideas. I'm really sorry.

Do you have those issues in full screen / windowed / borderless? Also if you change texture quality, anisotropic filtering, disable shadows, etc?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

mxmaniac6

Quote from: Asdrael on November 07, 2019, 09:24:39 pmI'll be honest and say I have no further ideas. I'm really sorry.

Do you have those issues in full screen / windowed / borderless? Also if you change texture quality, anisotropic filtering, disable shadows, etc?
I really do appreciate the help and suggestions. I tried changes all the graphics settings to no avail. One thing that is strange though is I cant play in windowed, the game just crashes. Borderless and fullscreen at least work but definitely no windowed mode. I also tried changing the framerate as well, I usually play at 144, but it still pops up at the others also. I tried enabling/disabling vsync too. Oh well again either way I really appreciate the help so far :)

teeds

Have you got any other kind of graphics related software running, like some kind of capture software?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

mxmaniac6

Quote from: teeds on November 08, 2019, 11:03:28 amHave you got any other kind of graphics related software running, like some kind of capture software?
I do not, I have no other programs running.

mxmaniac6

I just recorded a video of me doing a lap and it shows how and when the textures freak out. I can send the video if that would help? or maybe upload it to youtube?

teeds

Do you have spare hard drive? In your situation (which really sucks btw), and as you've tried so many things already you could do with getting fundamental. Your problem has to be caused by either software of hardware. To eliminate one of those you need to entirely replace on or the other, i'm sure the hardware is not easily replaceable but the software is if you have a spare hard drive. You can also try this without loosing what you have, just unplug your current drive and load windows on a spare, if the problem persists it's hardware if it goes away it's software. Loading windows does not take that long, you'd have your answer in about an hour and you can just plug back in your original drive afterwards and carry on as before but hopefully with a definitive answer to where the problem lies.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

mxmaniac6

Quote from: teeds on November 20, 2019, 11:15:22 amDo you have spare hard drive? In your situation (which really sucks btw), and as you've tried so many things already you could do with getting fundamental. Your problem has to be caused by either software of hardware. To eliminate one of those you need to entirely replace on or the other, i'm sure the hardware is not easily replaceable but the software is if you have a spare hard drive. You can also try this without loosing what you have, just unplug your current drive and load windows on a spare, if the problem persists it's hardware if it goes away it's software. Loading windows does not take that long, you'd have your answer in about an hour and you can just plug back in your original drive afterwards and carry on as before but hopefully with a definitive answer to where the problem lies.
Sorry for the late response, I have managed to solve the issue (kinda). I Got a new case, ram and ssd, so I did a "rebuild" (really the only upgrade was 32gb 3600mhz ram) with a fresh another fresh install of windows. Since then my issue has been fixed :) Still confused because my old ram still works perfectly fine but whatever haha at least I can play this amazing game!

teeds

It was your old HDD if I had to guess, good to hear you got it sorted.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Asdrael

Nice to hear you sorted it out!

Here, virtual award for perseverance :)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord