• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
August 08, 2020, 05:36:10 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta14e available! :)


MotoPark Convert from MxSim (issues)

Started by pulse, October 09, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulse

Hi there no matter what I do it crashes my game when I load, no clue why, maybe some one that understands the methods can shine some light on this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rni08adq44kdljl/TestTrackPulse.rar

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Although I'm too busy to take a look right now,  when mine kept crashing my game it was because I had forgotten to resize the grass mask to 2048 x 2048, as I'd copied it from my heightmap which was 2049 x 2049.. might sound obvious but worth checking all sizes are right

onlyonetone

I see nothing wrong in your folder so you should definitely check that your textures and texture masks are set to a power of 2

pulse

Quote from: TheFatController on October 09, 2014, 01:35:58 PM
Although I'm too busy to take a look right now,  when mine kept crashing my game it was because I had forgotten to resize the grass mask to 2048 x 2048, as I'd copied it from my heightmap which was 2049 x 2049.. might sound obvious but worth checking all sizes are right

well that was one issue, made them all 2049 but still crashes. :/

this method reminds me of reflex back when the first editor got release, alots of new ways and learning before I could a track in game lol.

pulse

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 09, 2014, 01:40:41 PM
I see nothing wrong in your folder so you should definitely check that your textures and texture masks are set to a power of 2

how do I check that?

pulse


𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: pulse on October 09, 2014, 01:47:11 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on October 09, 2014, 01:35:58 PM
Although I'm too busy to take a look right now,  when mine kept crashing my game it was because I had forgotten to resize the grass mask to 2048 x 2048, as I'd copied it from my heightmap which was 2049 x 2049.. might sound obvious but worth checking all sizes are right

well that was one issue, made them all 2049 but still crashes. :/


No man.. heightmap needs to be 2049, everything else needs to be 2048  ;)

onlyonetone

Open your texture tga's and mask tga's and resize them to 2048.

Re run map.bat and trh. remerge your trackline in tracked and save everything back.

Are you able to view it in mapview?

pulse

I changed all the TGA's like mask and mask texures to 2048 and loaded the map script and changed the map file in the folder with the new one and still crashes?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8m8d6vqvc9h1ak4/TestTrackPulse_beta.rar

this has all the files, please take a look and tell me what Im doing wrong? any help would be great.

thisisdef

Quote from: pulse on October 16, 2014, 12:12:23 AM
I changed all the TGA's like mask and mask texures to 2048 and loaded the map script and changed the map file in the folder with the new one and still crashes?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8m8d6vqvc9h1ak4/TestTrackPulse_beta.rar

this has all the files, please take a look and tell me what Im doing wrong? any help would be great.

Did you put a closed center line on the track? How about at least one pit?
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

onlyonetone

I went through every little thing, found some problems but am still getting the crash. I even started completely over, made my own masks and everything. My guess is your heightmap may have been done wrong before converting to .RAW.

onlyonetone

Ah, nevermind. Redo your centerline and make sure you start with a straight and end with a curve. I just got it in game.

Edit: It's a pretty hard track. You may need to scale out a little. Corners are really tight. Unless that's what you are going for.

thisisdef

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 16, 2014, 02:33:43 AM
Ah, nevermind. Redo your centerline and make sure you start with a straight and end with a curve. I just got it in game.

I thought it was something like that. I've heard of people not closing their centerline or some other easy mistake.
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

pulse

Quote from: thisisdef on October 16, 2014, 01:13:27 AM
Quote from: pulse on October 16, 2014, 12:12:23 AM
I changed all the TGA's like mask and mask texures to 2048 and loaded the map script and changed the map file in the folder with the new one and still crashes?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8m8d6vqvc9h1ak4/TestTrackPulse_beta.rar

this has all the files, please take a look and tell me what Im doing wrong? any help would be great.

Did you put a closed center line on the track? How about at least one pit?

the program crashes when I load my pits or race line

pulse

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 16, 2014, 02:33:43 AM
Ah, nevermind. Redo your centerline and make sure you start with a straight and end with a curve. I just got it in game.

Edit: It's a pretty hard track. You may need to scale out a little. Corners are really tight. Unless that's what you are going for.
you mind sending me the fixed files?