• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:24:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Resolution

Started by onlyonetone, October 09, 2014, 01:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

Anytime I try to change my resolution it just hangs on the black screen and reverts. My computer and monitor can handle way above 1600x900.

GDUBMX

try backing up your folders mate and reinstalling. worth a shot
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ChrisK

just change it in the config

MXK_cdub85

May 14, 2015, 09:50:35 AM #3 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:52:19 AM by MXK_cdub85
Sorry to drag this thread from the grave. I'm having what I believe what may be a resolution issue. I don't know what happened from yesterday to today, but no matter what resolution I choose my mouse is stuck in an invisible box or something. I'm not able to fully navigate the menu; reach certain ui elements. Any idea how to fix this? its weird because its doing this in Mx Simulator as of today as well. Only those two programs are affected as of now. I have not added or changed anything in the last 72 hours or so. I've tried changing resolutions in the .ini, no luck. It works like normal in windowed mode.  :o

GDUBMX

I discovered that if I set my nvidia control panel to run vsync on MX bikes it messes up the mouse input delay and limits my range of the mouse to the point which it feels like an invisible box and also I can't preview a bike trackside as it totally messes up the background. Once vsync is off.. No problems. Weird eh? I'm running the gtx 770 4gb with the latest driver. Maybe ur card has updated n activated vsync somehow?

MXK_cdub85

March 02, 2016, 08:45:50 PM #5 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:05:39 PM by MXK_cdub85
Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on May 14, 2015, 09:50:35 AM
no matter what resolution I choose in fullscrrn mode my mouse is stuck in an invisible box. I'm not able to fully navigate the menu; reach certain ui elements. Any idea how to fix this? I have not added or changed anything in the last 72 hours or so. I've tried changing resolutions in the .ini, no luck. It works like normal in windowed mode.  :o

So it appears I am still having this issue. the only way i can navigate the menus is by editing the .ini to force windowed mode, which is not ideal as its a blurry mess. I have manually adjusted resolutions, done it through the in-game menu, disabled v-sync in the nvidia control panel as suggested by gdub, turned off nvidias DSR, tried alt-enter when in-game...nothing. The screen appears properly scaled; ie not blown up too large to access menus, but my mouse is bound to an invisible box no matter what resolution i choose unless I un-check fullscreen, which dissallows any menu navigation. Super weird and frustrating as this only happened as of B3/B4. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Windows 10 64bit
GTX980ti
4k monitor (also tried on my 1080 monitor)

GDUBMX

Very strange, sounds like its not the proper resolution. I don't know what to suggest mate. Ill take that 980ti of your hands cheap if you think that's the issue though... ;) haha

Steven

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on March 02, 2016, 08:45:50 PM

So it appears I am still having this issue. the only way i can navigate the menus is by editing the .ini to force windowed mode, which is not ideal as its a blurry mess. I have manually adjusted resolutions, done it through the in-game menu, disabled v-sync in the nvidia control panel as suggested by gdub, turned off nvidias DSR, tried alt-enter when in-game...nothing. The screen appears properly scaled; ie not blown up too large to access menus, but my mouse is bound to an invisible box no matter what resolution i choose unless I un-check fullscreen, which dissallows any menu navigation. Super weird and frustrating as this only happened as of B3/B4. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Recently on the GP Bikes forum somebody posted a solution that solved a similar problem for him.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2684.msg50046#msg50046
I'm just not sure he's talking about changing the Windows resolution or the size of desktop contents separately or something different.

Also some people already had problems like this with tv screens. PiBoSo already knows about and said the only solution at the moment is to run the game in windowed mode.
(forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=5480.msg)

And what do you mean by "a blurry mess"?
Do you know programs like "Borderless Gaming"? Would this be an option/help?

MXK_cdub85

March 03, 2016, 07:58:05 PM #8 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:59:45 PM by MXK_cdub85
Steven-
Thanks for the input. So I tried the UI scaling fix, no luck. So at this point I am having this issue on 2 different monitors and a 1080p TV that I have tried. Such a weird issue. Now as a fun bonus, editing the .ini file is no longer working. It boots into full screen no matter what now and I can no longer even play at this point. I will try a fresh install again at home.  :(

By blurry mess, I mean that when it is booting into windowed mode it isn't a borderless window therefore it is not scaling at the full resolution selected so it was not sharp. It looked like a lot of aliasing going on if that makes sense. I am not familiar with the borderless gaming software...quick search pulled up a few options. Any clarity on which to use? Even better if there is a borderless option in mxb .ini or similar.

Thanks again, hope I can play again soon.

Steven

I only tried "Borderless Gaming" so far (https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases). I tried version 8.2 (without admin) with MXB and it worked fine.

Do you change the resolution and fullscreen in the mxbikes.ini or the profile.ini?

Weird indeed. Hopefully PiBoSo has at least a rough idea what the problem is.